Author Topic: My Rant: BUNNY EARS ARE BULLSHIT  (Read 10329 times)

phenomic

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    The mole ate me.
    • View Profile
My Rant: BUNNY EARS ARE BULLSHIT
« on: April 02, 2013, 12:19:22 am »
My thoughts on bunny ears and everything related:

The recent bunny ears event was kind of, sort of, a total FUCK UP. It was very last minute and poorly executed. The event was cut short to LESS THAN 24 HOURS (with me having no clue being I read it was lasting 2 days and was offline for 99% of the first day)! That’s total bullshit. Not only that, bunny ears were way too easy to obtain! I got ten pairs in the one hour I killed for them (AL-KHARID WARRIORS???!!).

I play this game because items mean something. You don’t log in with 50m, full barrows and a whip like other servers. Most of the regulars who play are friendly. It’s a good community. The staff is great. Ever since I joined Rebels, the economy has been stable and moving in the right direction. This event heaves a FAT ASS dent in the progress I have seen and enjoyed. Something has to be done. Please. The player count right now is lowering every day.

My solution? Mine would be to NOT make bunny ears be RR’s first rare. Simple as that. I am restating my supported opinion that this was just a failure. It just didn’t work. These fuckers are going for 500k a piece? Are you kidding me? There are lots and lots of bunny ears out there. Mine as well make goblins drop 1m 25% of the time for 24 hours (or phats, or santas, ect)

The best trait of this server is the economy! I appreciate all the updates here at RR, but definitely not this one. I love holiday events, but this just didn’t work. I have also seen that I am not the only one annoyed by this.

Don’t bitch flame me. If you respect my opinion I’ll do the same. Bottom line. FUCK BUNNY EARS

Love Phe

Cucking Funt

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Y0L0SWAG420BLEACHIT.
    • View Profile
Re: My Rant: BUNNY EARS ARE BULLSHIT
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 12:21:23 am »

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:02:44 am »
I didn't like the fact that they were tradable. I would have preferred them being dropped in random places and you could pick one up. I also agree that the event was poorly executed. It should've been 48 hours at the very least like originally planned in my opinion but the drop rates were bad like you said.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:10:34 am »
The drop rate was less than .5% for all monsters besides dragons. If you kill 10000 goblins, of course you will get a lot.

I will make them untradeble if you want.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:55:53 pm »
...I will make them untradeble if you want.

turn the bunny ears into Easter eggs, and no one can show off wearing bunny ears again  :D

That'd be great in my opinion.

Petter

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Puddy' slayer

• Personal Text
    Ur fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 03:10:30 pm »
you can eat the easter eggs xD
"Petter keeps asking me when i'm home, but I don't have a home"-Ryan

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »
you can eat the easter eggs xD

that's why ya' note them.

phenomic

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    The mole ate me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 08:26:24 pm »
The drop rate was less than .5% for all monsters besides dragons. If you kill 10000 goblins, of course you will get a lot.

I will make them untradeble if you want.

...I will make them untradeble if you want.

turn the bunny ears into Easter eggs, and no one can show off wearing bunny ears again  :D

That'd be great in my opinion.

Any action will help. This is a serious issue that needs a solution!

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 09:19:06 pm »
Actually, the bunny ears are nice. More people compliment me on the fact that I did have the event short, sweet, and now they are going to be
rares.

I've just come to terms,

"Haters gonna hate"

phenomic

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    The mole ate me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 09:33:44 pm »
Actually, the bunny ears are nice. More people compliment me on the fact that I did have the event short, sweet, and now they are going to be
rares.

I've just come to terms,

"Haters gonna hate"

I'm not a hater I am just being realistic and pointing out that the event was a way to give people effortless value of millions and millions of gp for being lucky enough to camp for 1 day @ chickens, goblins, ect. The eco is going to be totally fucked. Why work for money when you can wait for another event happen, play all day, and have that effort be equivalent to months and months of playing. The players praising the event have gathered their ears and will make millions off of that. It's just stupid. I hope you will realize this sooner than later.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 09:39:30 pm »
rares.

I've just come to terms,

"Haters gonna hate"

I'm not a hater I am just being realistic and pointing out that the event was a way to give people effortless value of millions and millions of gp for being lucky enough to camp for 1 day @ chickens, goblins, ect. The eco is going to be totally fucked. Why work for money when you can wait for another event happen, play all day, and have that effort be equivalent to months and months of playing. The players praising the event have gathered their ears and will make millions off of that. It's just stupid. I hope you will realize this sooner than later.

So you're saying that RS is pointless and stupid because Party Hats are 1b?

phenomic

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    The mole ate me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 09:44:13 pm »
rares.

I've just come to terms,

"Haters gonna hate"

NO. haha. Read my first post again. The drop rates were fucked up. The event isn't good for the eco.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 09:46:06 pm »
rares.

I've just come to terms,

"Haters gonna hate"

NO. haha. Read my first post again. The drop rates were fucked up. The event isn't good for the eco.

The drop rates were not fucked up. Chickens had a .2% chance. Like I said, you will get more from monsters you can one hit, just for this simple reason.

phenomic

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    The mole ate me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 09:51:35 pm »
rares.

I've just come to terms,

"Haters gonna hate"

The drop rates were not fucked up. Chickens had a .2% chance. Like I said, you will get more from monsters you can one hit, just for this simple reason.

I tried getting you to understand but I guess you just won't. Or you just refuse to admit the event wasn't perfect and imo, a mistake to the stabilizing economy. I'm not trying to personally attack you, but are all the events going to be like this? If you think this is the right way of running things, as the potential new owner, will you continue this trend? You are the only active admin.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 09:54:11 pm »
rares.

I've just come to terms,

"Haters gonna hate"

I tried getting you to understand but I guess you just won't. Or you just refuse to admit the event wasn't perfect and imo, a mistake to the stabilizing economy. I'm not trying to personally attack you, but are all the events going to be like this? If you think this is the right way of running things, as the potential new owner, will you continue this trend? You are the only active admin.

You are right, the event was very quickly executed. I didn't want you guys to be without at least a little something. I don't know how we will do events next time.