Author Topic: Playing, but not really?  (Read 2348 times)

Digtron

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    That picture, ya, that's a Bricktron
    • View Profile
Playing, but not really?
« on: February 22, 2013, 06:06:37 pm »
Just recently I was runecrafting nature runes, back and forth between the altar and the general store. When i first started running i had about 2900 essence on me. After a while I took a break and came back to run more. Since that return I have played at least a couple of hours and I specifically remember my noted essence go under 1000. A while after, soon after the show I was watching while playing finished, I went to check the highscores for rune crafting as I do very frequently. To my surprise, the highscores on the website read about 345000 experience while in game i was showing about 356000 experience. Wondering if maybe there was a problem with the highscores, i attempted to communicate with Francis who was showing up online, asking him if the highscores were working. After a minute or two with no response, I quickly took a picture of my stats afraid that I might lose my experience upon relogging, and sure enough, I did. After relogging, my experience showed what the highscores showed, and the players that had appeared on my online list before, were completely different.
I can't understand how it was letting me play on the server, getting xp, and making nature runes and all, without being online. I also remember having to load new parts of the map as I ran back and forth with the nature runes, so I don't know how I could have been loading the map as well without being online.
The main reason I am upset about this is because the 2 hours or so that I spent running nature runes are basically gone now, and it doesn't sound very exciting for me to have to get that back.

This is the screenshot I took moments before relogging.

Thank you.
Ya Bricktrons, the inspiration for my name, that's one of them right there, in my avatar, not a pokemon, or a digimon, ya.

(James) I lied, I'm a pokemon!

(Digtron) Actually I remembered i'm not

Jack

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    225th Member
    • View Profile
    • RuneRebels
Re: Playing, but not really?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:51:07 pm »
The Hiscores doesn't update when you get experience, it updates whenever your logout.
Signature Removed.
----

Digtron

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 07:58:32 pm »
I don't know about that, I watch the highscores all the time while I play and they update for me about every couple of minutes.
Ya Bricktrons, the inspiration for my name, that's one of them right there, in my avatar, not a pokemon, or a digimon, ya.

Jack

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    225th Member
    • View Profile
    • RuneRebels
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:03:21 pm »
I don't know about that, I watch the highscores all the time while I play and they update for me about every couple of minutes.
Yeah, it updates all when you logout. But it updates aswell when your online like once every 10 mins. Anyway, why do u needa watch hi-scores who cares. lol.
Signature Removed.
----

Digtron

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:20:26 pm »
Not to get sidetracked, but the main point isn't that i watch the highscores, just saying.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:40:30 pm »
I heard something like this happened to Black also. :o

Wayne

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I <3 Rune Rebels!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:46:05 am »
I haven't experienced this phenomenon, but it does seem quite strange.
Hi, I'm Wayne! *shakes hand / tentacle (in some situations)*

*Former ProjectRS06 player, turned Rebel*

Feel free to add me in-game, I'd love to chat <3