Author Topic: Jagex release 2007 servers friday night  (Read 11040 times)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Re: Jagex release 2007 servers friday night
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 09:11:20 pm »
They have screwed up every updated since 2007, what makes you think they WON'T screw up with this one. Btw, they said they MIGHT add bot protection if it gets a certain amount of votes... with the votes it has now, they said there will be no protection whatsoever.

What confuses me is, they say that they are in business to make money, so if they get more votes, then they'll be able to do more, and make the game free.

My brain doesn't work like theirs, what does votes have to do with bringing in more revenue?  I mean, if you get 499k 'votes' you won't have the money to update the game or make it free, but if you have 500k votes, you will.

Brain freeze!!!
i agree with you. It boggles my mind as well.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 09:24:03 pm »
i agree with you. It boggles my mind as well.

Yes!!  Either no one thought to ask that question, or they chose not to answer that question.  For every brainless twit on RS, there are five very intelligent players.  So I lean to the latter.
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

Byzantine

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2013, 01:06:32 am »
The voting is just a way to get free advertising out of people.  They are going to do whatever it was they originally planned to do regardless of how it turns out, and simply justify it in some way.  Perhaps they would simply rig the poll.

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 01:17:43 am »
And again, 1% content vs. 100% content is a no-brainer for me, no offense.
And what server would you be aiming that at? You clearly have no brains at all if you're referring to RuneRebels. No offence taken on our part.

Here's my two cents; Yeah, This 'new' Runescape 07 bullshit will get a fair amount of attention. No denying it. ALTHOUGH! In the end it's just going to come to shit like everything else that's been done with Runescape. Think about it. Why entrust this company, Who four months ago were nearly bankrupt, with your legit anticipation? They're just going to do what they always do.

Goodluck to you if you decide you want to pay extra money on top of your membership to play that game, when you can play it for free in a better environment. But after everything I'm sure that private servers will come out on top, like they've always seemed to do.

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 08:59:44 am »
The voting is just a way to get free advertising out of people.  They are going to do whatever it was they originally planned to do regardless of how it turns out, and simply justify it in some way.  Perhaps they would simply rig the poll.

Of course this is my opinion, because there is no way to prove it without a doubt, but you are absolutely correct!

They so cheated when they did the poll for bringing back the wild and free trade.  The no's had it by a land slide.  And right in the middle they changed it.  Not to mention their rules that anyone could log in under any name and vote as many times as they wanted...

So yes, they have already decided what they will do regardless what the poll outcome is.  Jagex owners are not trustworthy.
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 09:40:30 am »
And this is why i will not be going back to jagex regardless of the outcome.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 04:53:02 pm »
Lol all i need to say is nothing will beat the real RS07, at the end of the day they wont fuck it up because they know its how we want it, and they will spend more time on EOC RS07 will stay 07 with no micro-payments and shit. Also just to state a little fact here we only need 500k votes by March for it to be free. (Check the video interviewing one of the staff, not sure it's on the homepage somewhere.) we are already at 339k votes with roughly 5 days to go.

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 04:59:20 pm »
I honestly don't see Jagex charging extra for the game whether or not it gets 500k votes. There has been a solid 40-50k players yesterday and today, I doubt they would charge extra and lose a lot of potential customers. Also the 2007 Runescape is extremely fun, I'm having fun doing quests and just screwing around. I don't think I'm going to be playing RSPS anymore seeing as 2007 before GWD is my favorite time in Runescape..... which is exactly what Jagex has released.
CHECK OUT MAH AWESOME DOOM MOD! - Hard Doom

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 05:01:13 pm »
I honestly don't see Jagex charging extra for the game whether or not it gets 500k votes. There has been a solid 40-50k players yesterday and today, I doubt they would charge extra and lose a lot of potential customers. Also the 2007 Runescape is extremely fun, I'm having fun doing quests and just screwing around. I don't think I'm going to be playing RSPS anymore seeing as 2007 before GWD is my favorite time in Runescape..... which is exactly what Jagex has released.

whats your name on it?