Author Topic: Curious about the grand opening  (Read 5834 times)

Guard

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Curious about the grand opening
« on: January 30, 2013, 05:17:25 am »
I've only just started playing here and it seems like this is much better than project06. However, one thing really bothers me. I was told that the server isn't officially open yet, which is great, i suppose, 20 players would be rather disappointing for all this work.

But this is what I'm curious about - are you really going to officially launch the server whilst keeping all the old accounts? I know player mentality well enough and I'm sure most of the future playerbase would much rather prefer to start fresh, on equal grounds, with everyone else. I'm sure a LOT of players would be discouraged to start playing here if there were already played with high combat levels to begin with.

Jim

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Re: Curious about the grand opening
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 05:25:10 am »
it says as you log in All accs and skills will not be reset. I think i heard a rumor that world 2 will be re opend tonight aswell

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Guard

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 05:29:48 am »
Yes, I noticed. But do you really think this is a wise decision?

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 05:44:05 am »
I think its fair. Its a RuneScape 2006 Emulation. People started off when others were higher levels. If they don't like it, they then can go suck it. It isn't our decision to make.

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 05:44:49 am »
Yes, I noticed. But do you really think this is a wise decision?

The main reason i play on this server is, that the developers are so much faster, commited, reliable and transparent than the admins/devs on other servers (espcially if you come from projectrso06). And im sure most of the other players play on this server for the same reason.
By breaking their word, the older players, which are the core of game, would lose the trust in them.

Jim

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 05:46:13 am »
Yep i got 57 smithing and rank 12 in the first 8 hours of my play time i would hate for it to be reset when it goes into beta

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Guard

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 05:56:03 am »
I think its fair. Its a RuneScape 2006 Emulation. People started off when others were higher levels. If they don't like it, they then can go suck it. It isn't our decision to make.

You can't compare this with real runescape, it was entirely different.

As good as the server may be, most players won't like starting in a world where others have gained a huge head start. It takes away the chance to compete with others on fair grounds.

Even with a grand opening with a reset I'm skeptical that this would get more players than project06, but without one, I don't think there's a chance to even hit a 1k online count. And you don't get many chances, I've played hundreds of private game servers, I know that the grand opening means a LOT.

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 06:09:15 am »

As good as the server may be, most players won't like starting in a world where others have gained a huge head start. It takes away the chance to compete with others on fair grounds.

Even with a grand opening with a reset I'm skeptical that this would get more players than project06, but without one, I don't think there's a chance to even hit a 1k online count. And you don't get many chances, I've played hundreds of private game servers, I know that the grand opening means a LOT.

They can compare this with real Runescape. People start even when others are much more progressed than themselves and still have achieved higher than the person infront of them.

All your threads are belong to us.

Guard

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 06:15:21 am »

They can compare this with real Runescape. People start even when others are much more progressed than themselves and still have achieved higher than the person infront of them.

The point is - this is not real runescape. It will never have a playerbase as large as jagex. There are only a couple thousand players in the oldschool community and you need to offer them something good to get them to join.

Fact - people like fresh starts more than already running servers.
Fact - there will be a lot more players to join if it starts fresh. I don't know how many more but I'll repeat my concern - I don't think this has any chance of success unless everyone can start on even grounds.

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 06:25:16 am »

The point is - this is not real runescape. It will never have a playerbase as large as jagex. There are only a couple thousand players in the oldschool community and you need to offer them something good to get them to join.

Fact - people like fresh starts more than already running servers.
Fact - there will be a lot more players to join if it starts fresh. I don't know how many more but I'll repeat my concern - I don't think this has any chance of success unless everyone can start on even grounds.

We do offer them something good to get them to join, which are hard working developers, a friendly community, a nice working server that isn't full of bugs.

Correction - Most 'people' who like fresh starts and only care about the highest scores are players later on, that like to trash talk and boast about them getting the first 99.
Correction - There will still be a handful of players that will join even if we don't start fresh. We have a high chance of success, because again. We've got a very good development team, a very friendly community, and soon enough a game that doesn't have many bugs.

Do remember, Jagex didn't reset everyone each time someone heard about Runescape and wanted to join and compete for ranks, so there is no point in asking us to.

We are not going to lose our progress on Rune Rebels just because people who want to boast about their rank 1 in a skill want us to.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:02:26 am by Brodie »

Lancer

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 07:09:59 am »
Nah this way better for new players. If we restarted the economy would be quite crap for long time. Now new players can easily make money fast and get good start.

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 07:12:50 am »
Nah this way better for new players. If we restarted the economy would be quite crap for long time. Now new players can easily make money fast and get good start.

Agreed.

Jim

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 07:42:39 am »
Agreed, Besides Even if they did reset which they will never do what happens to the people who join after that should it be reseted again and again and again every time someone bitches about someone being higher?

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 07:57:49 am »
I've only just started playing here and it seems like this is much better than project06. However, one thing really bothers me. I was told that the server isn't officially open yet, which is great, i suppose, 20 players would be rather disappointing for all this work.

But this is what I'm curious about - are you really going to officially launch the server whilst keeping all the old accounts? I know player mentality well enough and I'm sure most of the future playerbase would much rather prefer to start fresh, on equal grounds, with everyone else. I'm sure a LOT of players would be discouraged to start playing here if there were already played with high combat levels to begin with.

My friend just told me you were moaning about this at willows you admitted you were only saying this because you were jealous. Look the way it is if were to reset most of us would quit because we've put so much time in, also as jim said what happens when new players join after that. You obviously don't know player mentality enough because people still join project06 where loads of people have 99s, on this there is one person with a 99. people dont care they just wan't perfect game play and memories on 2006 back.

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 08:01:48 am »

My friend just told me you were moaning about this at willows you admitted you were only saying this because you were jealous. Look the way it is if were to reset most of us would quit because we've put so much time in, also as jim said what happens when new players join after that. You obviously don't know player mentality enough because people still join project06 where loads of people have 99s, on this there is one person with a 99. people dont care they just wan't perfect game play and memories on 2006 back.

^ THIS