Author Topic: XP RATE  (Read 2832 times)

hearts

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
XP RATE
« on: June 30, 2012, 10:43:01 am »
Hey guys,

I just started playing this today and have to say loved what I saw in tutorial Island. A nice unique touch to impress new players. I got through it all anticipating the greatness that was going to be lumbridge. I wasn't dissapointed, it was just as it used to be. However I went to go kill men to train and it took me 10 minutes to get 8 defence... Now I don't know how you guys picked the xp rate, maybe it was a poll or something? But any server with a xp rate of 1 is bound to fail.

People go on servers to get away from rs, do something different. One major thing is training their account to a level they could never be bothered achieving on runescape. With such a low xp rate it will put people off straight away.

So my question. How was the xp rate decided?

Good job so far,

Hearts

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: XP RATE
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 11:27:11 am »
The XP rate right now is currently set to 10x RuneScape. And it will be dropped after Alpha.

Chris

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Member since June 27, 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 04:03:28 pm »
Hey guys,

I just started playing this today and have to say loved what I saw in tutorial Island. A nice unique touch to impress new players. I got through it all anticipating the greatness that was going to be lumbridge. I wasn't dissapointed, it was just as it used to be. However I went to go kill men to train and it took me 10 minutes to get 8 defence... Now I don't know how you guys picked the xp rate, maybe it was a poll or something? But any server with a xp rate of 1 is bound to fail.

People go on servers to get away from rs, do something different. One major thing is training their account to a level they could never be bothered achieving on runescape. With such a low xp rate it will put people off straight away.

So my question. How was the xp rate decided?

Good job so far,

Hearts

This is a legit 2006 remake and as Kevin said after alpha the xp rate will be dropped. The xp is currently set to 10x for the purpose of testing and finding bugs. Once everything major is coded and fixed i am sure all accounts will be reset and the xp will be dropped to 1x. Yes, this may turn some people off but where is the fun in hitting something and gaining 30 defence levels? No sense of accomplishment and ultimately leading to boredom. Compete for the top of the high scores, enjoy the grind it takes to finally wield your favorite weapon or piece of armor and complete that lengthy quest that gives great rewards. :)

Anyways, welcome to RuneRebels. I hope to see you online. :)

Kryptonite

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 05:00:00 pm »
Sounds like a typical WS Blitz player all over again.
$.ajax({
        url:runerebels.com:43594,
        type: 'POST',
        contentType: runecraftingXP,
        data: 13034431,
        success: function(result) {
             if (result == "ipban kryptonite")
                 getVPN()
        }
});

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 06:26:20 pm »
Sounds like a typical WS Blitz player all over again.