Author Topic: Updates and the Future of the Server  (Read 2383 times)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Updates and the Future of the Server
« on: April 04, 2014, 10:46:25 pm »
So first of all, this isn't a rant in any shape or form. I truly care for this server. I wouldn't still be here if it weren't for the developers' dedication to this server.

So basically, I am worried about the server not going anywhere. You guys brought out 2.0 which brought a great amount of updates and content additions. But honestly, 2.0 was way over exaggerated. We are all excited for 2.1, but will it be better then 2.0? I really am just trying to figure this out. You guys said you were going to release updates leading up to 2.1 over an amount of time. I believe JT put it as "rolling updates." Yet, almost a month has passed and not a single update has been pushed. The last updates were bug fixes to 2.8, which trust me we are all happy about because bugs were fixed. this game would not be fun if there were game changing bugs in it.

Anyways, what I am trying to get at here is there is barely any money funding this server. All money from the playerbase/staff are donations from their own free will. Usually with private servers, the motivation is money. I am extremely glad that isn't the case with this community as you wouldn't have old members still around as you do now. The problem is there needs to be some sort of revenue. The only thing that this server can do, donations wise, is allow some sort of reward for donating since that is what almost all people donating to a private server expect. I am not saying anything ingame, but rather on the forums. Possibly you guys could do a marketplace type thing where you could donate x amount and you're rewarded with credits and you can spend the credits to change your username, or a user title, or a forums avatar. Something of the sort. You guys do have the right idea with the ingame experience though.

The other thing I suggest is to bring in another developer or two. A big problem I see with you guys and the slow development progress is that all of the developers are extremely difficult to motivate. All members of this community will back me up when I say we respect you for the time you have spent making this server what it is. We all understand the whole thing where you work all day and when you come home you want to relax, not work more development wise. You guys should try to find another developer who has more time to help out with development be it drops to an unreleased npc or adding items to a shop.

Another thing I really want to reiterate to Ryan specifically is that you really should try to find the time to fix/ add the small things to the quest editor that are needed right now. There are tons of almost done quests that need small things to be released. New quests would definitely make the players happy and could possibly bring in more new players since you would be opening more of the world up to everybody (aiming at the priest in peril).

And one more thing. I think it'd be smart to release the waterfall quest pretty soon. As the quest is pretty easy to complete and it gives new members the levels and a sense of confidence as they have more to play for.

That is kind of my list of suggestions and my complements for all of you sexy developers. :D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:14:06 am by RiiPiiN »

Dev

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Updates and the Future of the Server
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 01:34:01 am »
Lull in updates = more time to focus on life. For me, us, and the devs. I'm ok with or without fast progress as this server is super chill. My only suggestion is 1) fix slayer, until 2) you roll out all those new updates at once which could take months - no rush. Hype that up later. People eat up hype and when you deliver it they stay

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:10:23 am »
Plox fix slayer, 1 month of not training slayer really hurts me ;$

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 04:16:14 am »
Plox fix slayer, 1 month of not training slayer really hurts me ;$
Agreed, It's my lowest skill (aside from agility) and i want to train it :\

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 03:17:36 am »
I want to say it's been very difficult these past few months for all of the staff team, and that we WILL NOT shut down the server. All the work would be for nothing. As for updates we have been discussing it a lot lately and we will get to you guys when we feel we have a game plan set for what we are going to do :)

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 04:42:20 pm »
We have noticed many of these problems ourselves and will try to find solutions to fix them. I'm juggling so many different projects right now that it is hard to stay up to date on all of them!

But fixing slayer is one of the first things that we will do!