Author Topic: Future events and what we should do!  (Read 8905 times)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Future events and what we should do!
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:33:40 pm »
What do you guys think!?
Hello everyone, just wanted to start a thread on the events of this game. Since this is gonna be a RS 2006 remake, what would be RS without all those fun times of drop parties, and holiday events/special occasions! I am going to post a list of what we should do and what everyone thinks sounds fun or what not. Everyone please help post suggestions on the topic so we can give the developers a good idea of what the community wants. (Please keep it civilized though and no ideas that will ruin the economy/ are known to ruin the economy.)

Future Updates

-Holiday events! Why not reenact the past events of runescape to bring back those good ol' past memories :P
-Developers B'days. Just throwing this out there but it's always fun to have events and why not celebrate those people who brought us this wonderful server.
-Random events. Always fun to have as much events as possible! As Graphii said, "F2P get's boring without events and hours of skilling"
-Anniversary events. Why not celebrate the servers birthday?!

Suggested Events

-This one is just one i thought of but maybe we can do a trivial pursuit thing. I have seen servers do one day of the week where they do trivia and the winners get coins or items :P

What we should do NOW

To start off the events i think we should kick off the server with an event for the newcomers :P Why not!? Do a drop party or just do something fun!

The developers need ideas and whats better than getting them from the community?! We need suggestions for these guys and we need to show them that we need something to do in between the hard grinding of skills. Post a suggestion so we can get the events out and rolling!

-P.S I will post popular/good suggestions in the thread

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:55:26 pm by HappyguyForum »
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Future events and what we should do!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:55:39 pm »
Bump i would like people to really start talking about these!
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Sheikyy

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I'm a Milk Sheikyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 01:54:06 pm »
No Drop Parties, the rest is ok.

Gold

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Send me a pm in-game if you have any questions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:23:30 pm »
Drop parties are always awesome. But the number one thing I don't want is for them to be tradable. It completely ruins the economy. If we ever do party hats or w/e please don't make it tradable. Another thing is to do some server wide activity that will have prizes for winners :D

*Credit goes to SRBuckey5266

Dug

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Leader

• AGF

• Personal Text
    Teach me how to dougie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:00:28 pm »
But trading is part of the economy? It's an aspect that keeps the economy flowing.
Here's an idea for an event, at a random time, a broadcast would say that a present has appeared at lumby, or a monster has appeared and it would drop an item that you'd have to take it to another place to trade it for an item that the shopkeeper in edgeville wants. Sorta like a race.
Hi I'm Dug. (wave).

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 09:00:46 pm »
But trading is part of the economy? It's an aspect that keeps the economy flowing.
Here's an idea for an event, at a random time, a broadcast would say that a present has appeared at lumby, or a monster has appeared and it would drop an item that you'd have to take it to another place to trade it for an item that the shopkeeper in edgeville wants. Sorta like a race.
That wouldn't work for skillers  :P

I don't think rares should be given out through drop parties, If you have a better connection then everyone else you can clean up. Maybe like trivia, Hide and seek etc. Or even an event, Like it was back in the old days.

Brady

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Boss lifeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 09:05:08 pm »
Man hunt! All mods hide anywhere in rune rebel in the free area but somewhere reasonable and the first person to find them and trades with them wins a prize!
Need help Send me a PM!

Vike

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 12:00:48 am »
I think if party hats will ever be introduced, it should be right now. Since we have a small community, they will be more rare when the server expands.

Clay

• Rebel Soldier

• Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 12:33:54 am »
Any event will bring the community together and I will support it.

Oxycontin

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 09:32:27 am »
I think if party hats will ever be introduced, it should be right now. Since we have a small community, they will be more rare when the server expands.

I agree with Vike. And support on this thread.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 01:04:51 pm »
In the future, to avoid problems with the economy, only non tradeable holiday items should be released (Bunny ears, scythe, etc.)

Mimiru

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 01:21:12 am »
this is not true at all party hats and santa's being trade-able will not ruin the eco it adds items in the game to get rid of extra cash flow if you dont have rare you dont have anything to stop max cash or even just very high cash as max cash hardly reachable it will stimulate the economy and i think its a good thing, i say release them on christmas in christmas crackers if thats to far away christmas in july have all monsters a chance to drop christmas crackers and a chance to get one of them the p hats or the santa hats and it should be released when we have a higher player base and alot more is done thats important to the server people quiting and losing these items is what made them super rare and theyd be even more rare in rs if it wasnt for the duping in classic i also think everything being done right now is great!

Identity 214

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The 214th user on RuneRebels.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 01:50:50 am »
Celebrate a birthday?  My birthday was eleven days ago. :(

But that would be nice anyways. :P
WORLDSCAPE: I Steal Cash
RUNEREBELS: Identity 214

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 04:10:45 pm »
Celebrate a birthday?  My birthday was eleven days ago. :(

But that would be nice anyways. :P
i mean staff's bdays because if we were to celebrate everybodys bdays then it would be a mess loool

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 11:16:37 pm »
poom poom beep peep bop de bop poop poom boom bang <---- some hardcore dubstep to smooth this subject.