Author Topic: What will you major in?  (Read 3999 times)

D E A T H

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
What will you major in?
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:04:34 pm »
I will probably majoring in criminal justice due to me wanting to be a cop or anything in that type of field.

So what will you guys major in or what is your interest.

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Re: What will you major in?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 05:16:27 pm »
I'm continuing my career in Cisco Networking, I finished 2 years in high school and plan on finishing it in College, However I have plans on changing my mind to do Web Design/Software Coding such as java languages to further my knowledge.

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 05:21:36 pm »
im in my 3rd semester of business economics and im studying maths a bit as well
ill make a master in quantitative finances when im done with my bachelor ;)

Gold

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Send me a pm in-game if you have any questions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 05:38:56 pm »
Chemical Engineering.

*Credit goes to SRBuckey5266

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 05:39:15 pm »
Eventually I will get a degree in Maths and Computer Science (contemplating Physics).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:20:05 pm by Pure2 »

D E A T H

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 06:00:54 pm »
We don't call it junior high school we call it middle school.  ;D

Ruby

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 06:04:32 pm »
I'm continuing my career in Cisco Networking, I finished 2 years in high school and plan on finishing it in College, However I have plans on changing my mind to do Web Design/Software Coding such as java languages to further my knowledge.
Website design and development is better done freelancing, it's hard to keep contracts rolling in. I usually charge 10$ a page per site I do and if it goes over 15 pages I drop it to 7$ a page. That's for the design aspect of it, if they wish scripts to be incorporated they then have to purchase the scripts from me and I'll add them where they like. Once you get your name out there you can really keep the people coming forth for more and more sites but it's not worth taking the risks of trying to make a living off of it unless you start working for a very large company. If you wish to get your name out there you need to spend a fortune on advertisements, and you need to be a pretty good and reliable website developer. If I was you I'd stick to networking and do web design and development on the side.

Oh and I'm an apprentice environmental engineer mainly dealing in wind and tidal energy but I drift in and out of geothermal and small amounts of solar. I'm in the lead engineering team for 3 pretty large wind farms, I'm day release at college at the minute due to me being in my second year of my apprenticeship. I'll be full time on the job come august and then be out my time as an apprentice by my 4th year in august. I was originally pursuing a masters degree in physics and a bachelors in environmental engineering and maths and Siemens were paying for the lot of it but I couldn't keep up with that and full time work since the technicians on the turbines are incredibly shit. But yeah. My work story right there.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:06:38 pm by Ruby »

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 06:07:06 pm »

Oh and I'm an apprentice environmental engineer mainly dealing in wind and tidal energy but I drift in and out of geothermal and small amounts of solar. I'm in the lead engineering team for 3 pretty large wind farms, I'm day release at college at the minute due to me being in my second year of my apprenticeship. I'll be full time on the job come august and then be out my time as an apprentice by my 4th year in august. I was originally pursuing a masters degree in physics, a bachelors in environmental engineering and maths and Siemens were paying for the lot of it but I couldn't keep up with that and full time work since the technicians on the turbines are incredibly shit. But yeah. My work story right there.
[/quote]

ok you won
lal
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:10:25 pm by vault »

Ruby

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 06:08:17 pm »
Oh and I'm an apprentice environmental engineer mainly dealing in wind and tidal energy but I drift in and out of geothermal and small amounts of solar. I'm in the lead engineering team for 3 pretty large wind farms, I'm day release at college at the minute due to me being in my second year of my apprenticeship. I'll be full time on the job come august and then be out my time as an apprentice by my 4th year in august. I was originally pursuing a masters degree in physics, a bachelors in environmental engineering and maths and Siemens were paying for the lot of it but I couldn't keep up with that and full time work since the technicians on the turbines are incredibly shit. But yeah. My work story right there.

ok you won
lal

Lol, I'm just letting everyone know :P.

Ball

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 06:11:15 pm »
Astronomy :)

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 06:18:42 pm »
We don't call it junior high school we call it middle school.  ;D
I don't know what the hell it's called lol...

No Lackin

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 06:35:46 pm »
Something tech related. At the moment I'm technology/engineering education, but I haven't started the education portion and I'm not sure I want to deal with teenagers on a daily basis for the rest of my life, so I might change depending on this semester.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 07:06:12 pm »
Information Technology. That major has so many job opportunities its unreal.