Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 5665 times)

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
Team Fortress 2
« on: January 18, 2013, 04:30:00 pm »
Hi and welcome to the Team Fortress Thread!
For those of you that don't know what Team Fortress 2 is. It's the worlds leading hat simulator but it also functions as a free class based first person shooter.

The game is based upon Team Blue and Team Red both of these teams hire mercenaries to complete objectives in the various game modes.
Game Modes: Payload, Control Points, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Mann versus Machine.

Payload is a game mode where one of the teams pushes a minecart with a bomb in it to the enemy base and the bomb takes care of the rest.

In Control Points both teams compete to capture all 5 points. The first team to capture all 5 wins.

Capture the flag is played on symetric maps and is built the same for both teams. The objective is to go into the enemy base and take their breifcase filled with intel and safely make it back to your base.

In King of the hill the objective is to one base in the middle of the map and hold it for X amount of minutes to win.

In Mann versus machine a team of 5-10 players are sent out on a mission to defend Mann Co. 's Headquarters from waves of Robots. In this mode you can upgrade your weapons for extra effects.

There are 9 classes: Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Engineer, Sniper and Spy.
Scout: Scouts use shotguns, pistols and bats as their weapons. They are very fast but have low hp. Their shotguns are designed to damage much up close so use your speed as an advantage and attack from behind.

Soldier: Soldier is a slow class that uses rocket launchers, shotguns and a shovel. Their rockets can do alot of damage and they can crit!

Pyromancers use a Flamethrower as their primary weapon that can spew fire onto your enemies and it can also send out a air blast to reflect rockets, grenades and arrows. You can also use your air blasts to extinguish burning allies or knock enemies up into the air. They also have a Shotgun and a Fire axe.

Demomen has a grenade launcher that they mainly use to gib people. They also have a Sticky launcher these are small spiky balls set to explode upon your desire. They can have up to 8 stick bombs attached to the ground, walls or ceiling on the map. Their melee weapon is a bottle.

Heavies have alot of hp and they have a minigun that fires fast making the best suitable partner for a medic. Their secondary weapons are a shotgun and a pair of boxing gloves.

Medics have a Syringe gun (Damage), A medigun (Healing) and a Bonesaw. The Medigun has a meter that shows 0%-100% When at 100% you can active a state of invulnerability for you and your target.

Engineers can construct 4 buildings: a Sentry gun, a Dispenser, a Teleporter entrace and a Teleporter exit. Sentry guns have 3 stages. Stage 1 makes the sentry gun able to fire bullets at a decent fire rate. Stage 2 makes the sentry gun able to fire rockets and shoot bullets. Stage 3 makes the rockets and bullets damage more. Dispensers provide ammo and healing for allies. The various stages increases the rate it produces ammo.
You walk into the entrance teleporter and come out at the exit.
Engineers have a shotgun, a pistol and a wrench. All of these have quite low damage.

Snipers have a sniper rifle, a sub machine gun and a machete. When you scope in with a sniper in TF2 you have a laser sight and a power meter. once the power meter is full you can shoot for maximum damage. only a maximum powered shot in the head can kill a heavy with one bullet.

Spies have a revolver, a sapper, a knife, a disguise kit and a stealth watch. Spies can disguise as any other class from the other team and even his own team. The knife always one shots if you stab them in the back. The stealth watch turns you invisible to other players but it only lasts a short amount of time and it has to recharge between uses.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:07:05 am by Charles »

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:11:34 pm »
I want my main class to be a medic but i am running out of players to heal.
Contact me if you want to play :]

Identity 214

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The 214th user on RuneRebels.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:11:14 pm »
I have Team Fortress 2.  I can add you on Steam.
WORLDSCAPE: I Steal Cash
RUNEREBELS: Identity 214

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 06:40:01 am »
Feel free to add me on steam: Kompis4

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:56:42 pm »
You should add Man Vs Machine :o

Francis

• Veteran
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 03:43:42 pm »
I love this game :D I'm good at spy, it's personally my favourite class. If anyone wants to play just add me up: frankis54111
Made in Photoshop by me.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 07:33:24 pm »
Ive been thinking about making a RuneRebels group pretty soon so we can all get together and play :P
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Identity 214

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The 214th user on RuneRebels.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 03:40:54 pm »
Ive been thinking about making a RuneRebels group pretty soon so we can all get together and play :P

That would be nice.
WORLDSCAPE: I Steal Cash
RUNEREBELS: Identity 214

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 07:32:47 pm »
surf! should also add surf :)

Jim

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Salvaged crate
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 04:02:54 am »
i recently had a series 40 salvaged rate i was wondering if anyone could give me a price check.

Need a Dispenser here!

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 04:04:48 am »
speaking of tf2 mid last year they finally had released a meet the pyro been wanting that one for a while :o

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 04:36:50 pm »
speaking of tf2 mid last year they finally had released a meet the pyro been wanting that one for a while :o
I already posted that video in my first post and if i am supposed to add all non Valve game modes the list will become very long o.o

Xplisit

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    What's wrong with the coffee?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 05:50:40 pm »
I'm a huge fan of TF2. Anyone can add me on Steam if they want. My username is "Vesaris" My favorite class would probably have to be the pyro.

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 01:33:31 am »
Since my graphics card should be coming within the next 2 or 3 days I should be able to actually play without fps drops every 2 seconds  :o

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 06:26:25 am »
Xplisit are you the Sadistic Pancake(US) or just Vesaris(PL)?