Author Topic: Help! The game wont work and neither will the client  (Read 3374 times)

Trubiet

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Help! The game wont work and neither will the client
« on: January 10, 2015, 08:10:43 am »
Hello friends.

Today Ive decided to come back to the Rune Rebels server to grind and hang out, but now I see that there are even less people on then when I was here last time. But thats not what Im here to talk about.

Whenever I go click "play now", a box opens up before the start screen even loads that says: "Application Blocked: Your security settings have stopped a self-signed application from running" and then all I get from there is this:"Error: click for details", and when I do, all I get is the Java command prompt. Here, I have no clue what Im doing, im not a programmer. Anyhow, I go to check to see if my Java is updated and up to speed, which it is. I check my security settings at the control panel to see what could possibly be blocking Rune Rebels. I go to windows security center, and from here, I don't know what Im looking for.

So I download the client and try to play that. The first time I opened it up, everything was working fine and a DOS opened from behind it. Now I can't type anything. I can't punch in my name or password so that I can log on. Im like "okay, I guess ill just close it out and reopen it", low and behold I can't even do that as the DOS screen appears for a split second.....and then nothing. Hit ctr +alt+del and load up task manager. Now the task manager window wont even stay open for longer then a full second before disappearing.

I don't know if anyone who is computer savy can help me out or not. All I want to do is play Runescape, but neither the direct link on the website is working or the client and now Im having issues starting task manager as well.
This is my profile signature; do you like it?

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
Re: Help! The game wont work and neither will the client
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 10:20:33 am »
What OS are you using, as in type of windows?

Another thing that could be going on is a virus.  It is a shot in the dark but from your description I don't know edgewise of what is occurring otherwise and that could be a cause of problem you have.

Could you post a screen rip of what the DOS screen is showing as well?

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 10:26:26 am »
Hello friends.

Today Ive decided to come back to the Rune Rebels server to grind and hang out, but now I see that there are even less people on then when I was here last time. But thats not what Im here to talk about.

Whenever I go click "play now", a box opens up before the start screen even loads that says: "Application Blocked: Your security settings have stopped a self-signed application from running" and then all I get from there is this:"Error: click for details", and when I do, all I get is the Java command prompt. Here, I have no clue what Im doing, im not a programmer. Anyhow, I go to check to see if my Java is updated and up to speed, which it is. I check my security settings at the control panel to see what could possibly be blocking Rune Rebels. I go to windows security center, and from here, I don't know what Im looking for.

So I download the client and try to play that. The first time I opened it up, everything was working fine and a DOS opened from behind it. Now I can't type anything. I can't punch in my name or password so that I can log on. Im like "okay, I guess ill just close it out and reopen it", low and behold I can't even do that as the DOS screen appears for a split second.....and then nothing. Hit ctr +alt+del and load up task manager. Now the task manager window wont even stay open for longer then a full second before disappearing.

I don't know if anyone who is computer savy can help me out or not. All I want to do is play Runescape, but neither the direct link on the website is working or the client and now Im having issues starting task manager as well.

Trying running the .exe client file from this link http://www.runerebels.com/smf/index.php?topic=5835.0 if issues still persist try closing out the client and re-running it again

Trubiet

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:44:56 am »
The client you gave me works. I am now online. Thank you much.
This is my profile signature; do you like it?

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 06:23:25 pm »
The client you gave me works. I am now online. Thank you much.

I used to have issues with the old client as well, I still have issues with the .exe client but I have noticed since moving over I haven;t nearly has as many issues

Maxirune94

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Keep it rebel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 08:16:39 am »
Same problem here.
I´ve always dealt with that problem (I used to solve it setting runerebels.com as a secure site and the java security level as low as possible) until the last java´s update came out. Now im f***ed up. Can´t play anymore.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 08:18:36 am by Maxirune94 »
Keep it rebel!

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 07:37:28 pm »
This has been fixed. 8)