Author Topic: Hey there is is just a SUGGESTION!  (Read 2840 times)

markdabest33

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Hey there is is just a SUGGESTION!
« on: March 03, 2013, 05:08:23 pm »
Hi there RuneRebels Staff and members I might have a solution to these fuckers who are DDoSing us.

My suggestion is to :
A) Get another Firewall for your Linux VPS/Dedi
B) Try and find the guy who is DDoSing us and send me their IP address (I'll see what I can do with nmap and shit like that)
C) Change your DNS server settings as the Asshole who is DDoSing you might be attacking your DNS server (OpenDNS is a pretty good DNS server)
D) Spoof your Mac Address just incase the cunt wants to try and hack your VPS/Dedi he will have to find your real one which is pretty hard to do

http://www.crucial.com.au/blog/2012/06/22/secure-your-linux-vps-using-csf-firewall/ (One of the best firewalls for VPS/Dedi's)
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-log-files-location-and-how-do-i-view-logs-files/ (Logs of the IP address attacking or trying to access your VPS/Dedi)
http://forum.hostek.com/showthread.php?462-How-to-setup-DNS-with-your-VPS (Changing DNS servers)
gnailuy.com/2011/07/15/how-to-change-mac-address-in-linux/ (Spoofing MAC address)

FYI : Cloudflare.com is being DDoSed aswell thats why your site was shut down like most of the other cloudflare sites.

All the above can be done on your website except for the mac address and firewall.

Good luck all the best!

White Yeti

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Re: Hey there is is just a SUGGESTION!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 05:16:43 pm »
It's very good to see that you went all out and in depth about how to protect the server. Perhaps you've done it all before yourself? You should talk about becoming a DEV lol. Just my opinion, I have no rights as to who becomes what in terms of staff.

markdabest33

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:20:22 pm »
Yeah ofcourse I haev experiece in this. Some cunt was Dosing my IP address got the guys IP address and found out the site exploited the site and kabomnnbb!
ahah :)

Well hope they take my advise :) I would like to see the server up and running again :)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 05:21:49 pm »
The ip address one we can't do because they guy is using proxys from different countrys and we can't trace him down. The others the devs could probably work out though.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

markdabest33

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 05:23:44 pm »
Ah so he is using a BotNet most probly from php shells which can cause A LOT of damage he might be using Jay booter 5.2 or a site that provides shells.

Mikeyzzz

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    If you're reading this, you're sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 05:56:54 pm »
w3 4r3 1337, w3 4r3 h4x0rrzzzz.

markdabest33

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:59:34 pm »

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 06:06:53 pm »
The ip address one we can't do because they guy is using proxys from different countrys and we can't trace him down. The others the devs could probably work out though.

Lol, why would a ddoser not use proxies?

Mikeyzzz

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    If you're reading this, you're sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 06:08:32 pm »

Lol, why would a ddoser not use proxies?
I'm sure you can still be traced down through a pr0xy

markdabest33

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 06:24:53 pm »
if you have a ring0 malware you are unstoppable ;)