Poll

What kind of Xp do you want?

1.0X rate
1,5X rate
2.0X rate
3.0X rate
10.0X rate

Author Topic: Xp rates - for those who want a perfectly simulated Runescape like it was in '06  (Read 13912 times)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
x2 or x3 is the best because it maintains a good economy. If we go to high, things will start to inflate the economy and then prices will drop and the eco will turn into Project RS06.

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
1x Rates are okay, but I wouldn't prefer them
2x Rates have seemed fine, because it still takes a long time to get 99.
3x Rates would be a little crazy and I don't think I would stay on here if that were the case.
10X Rates I wouldn't play at all.

All your threads are belong to us.

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
The thing is if we bumped the xp rate up to x3 no one would even realise until someone had actually said something.

For all we know it could be x4 and we wouldn't even know.

Karl

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
I would actually prefer the experience rates to be lower then higher, 1.7 would be a pretty good rate (who says we have to round it to the nearest .5??)

I will specify my reasons for a lower experience rate below:
Economy - If it is easy to level then everyone will have high stats, if everyone has high stats items are much easier to attain.
Challenge - Having a challenge means it's actually an accomplishment to get 99 in a stat,  the game isn't much fun if you've already attained the maximum level in all skills.
Player killing - Is far better when you actually have something to lose, if it's harder to obtain items due to the experience rate being lower it will make player killing more enjoyable.

Obviously there's two sides to every story a downside with a lower experience rate is the lack of time that many of the older players now have.

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
I would actually prefer the experience rates to be lower then higher, 1.7 would be a pretty good rate (who says we have to round it to the nearest .5??)

I will specify my reasons for a lower experience rate below:
Economy - If it is easy to level then everyone will have high stats, if everyone has high stats items are much easier to attain.
Challenge - Having a challenge means it's actually an accomplishment to get 99 in a stat,  the game isn't much fun if you've already attained the maximum level in all skills.
Player killing - Is far better when you actually have something to lose, if it's harder to obtain items due to the experience rate being lower it will make player killing more enjoyable.

Obviously there's two sides to every story a downside with a lower experience rate is the lack of time that many of the older players now have.

Very well stated. I agree with you 100% there.

All your threads are belong to us.

Calcifer

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Burn Burn BURN
    • View Profile
2x is great, i'd probably quite if it went less

omfg

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
XP rates! :)
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 01:26:24 am »
Here's a poll for you guys to vote on! This will give the Mods, Devs and owners a better idea of what some of the players want the XP rate to be!:)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: XP rates! :)
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 01:29:10 am »
Anything above x2 would be unfair to the older players and would really drop the state of our economy as leveling would be easier and items would be easier to get. I think the XP rate should be dropped over time as the playerbase grows so the economy stays in good shape. If we have LOTS of people, items will start to inflate the economy and the prices would go down due to the demand.

omfg

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 01:31:19 am »
Understood completely...however, for some people it might be easier and more efficient to level up with a higher exp rate, so they are not spending hours to get from level 90 fishing to 91 as an example.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 01:33:25 am »
Spending the time is good. I have no problem with waisting 2 weeks of my life for my 99 fishing. I infact, love doing it. Its for nostalgia. I am supprised that we even have x2 XP rate as it is a remake. I like it though.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 01:36:22 am »
Keep it at 2x.

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 01:38:20 am »
I think x2 is the max we should go honestly, any faster just feels to easy to me IMO.

Snapster

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 01:39:37 am »
You can already level quite fast as it is. I got 71 fletching and 77 wcing in like 1 day. It should be reduced or kept as it is.

Trent

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2013, 01:41:29 am »
There is no 100x, so I guess I'll just vote for 10x.

Sparkylizard

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2013, 01:41:44 am »
Man there are a lot of these tonight lol, ill say what I said on the other. I feel like anything above 2x xp rates would be too much, I feel it would take away the whole "old rs feel" if it were any faster, I understand we don't have as much time to train like in the old days with us being grown up and all, thus the 2x rate however making it more than that would feel unrealistic and wouldn't really make me feel accomplishment for my levels. Just my opinion