Author Topic: shits about to go down  (Read 7417 times)

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
Re: shits about to go down
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 02:06:22 pm »
Yeah just saw that one. I wonder what the 2.08 update will have? :)

With the 2.0.x updates and the future 2.1.x updates expect mainly bug fixes. With 2.1, expect content. It's already got some nice stuff completed :o

2.0.8 should be released by tomorrow, 2.1 should be released by the end of the week.

Does it rhyme on waggon longsword

It seems like the common response to the quests is that Ryan has to put some finishing touches on all that are nearly completed.  So I wouldn't hold out a ton of hope for this "waggon longsword".  Perhaps some fixes for the jewellry, or maybe even the release of AGILITY - it has seemed to garner some attention by staff  :D

I KNOW NOTHING

« Last Edit: Today at 02:01:36 pm by James »
« Last Edit:
Edit:

It's a conspiracy 0.0
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 02:08:52 pm »

With the 2.0.x updates and the future 2.1.x updates expect mainly bug fixes. With 2.1, expect content. It's already got some nice stuff completed :o

2.0.8 should be released by tomorrow, 2.1 should be released by the end of the week.

Does it rhyme on waggon longsword

It seems like the common response to the quests is that Ryan has to put some finishing touches on all that are nearly completed.  So I wouldn't hold out a ton of hope for this "waggon longsword".  Perhaps some fixes for the jewellry, or maybe even the release of AGILITY - it has seemed to garner some attention by staff  :D

I KNOW NOTHING

« Last Edit: Today at 02:01:36 pm by James »
« Last Edit:
Edit:

It's a conspiracy 0.0
lies :(

Y U NO CONFIRM IF IT RHYMES ON WAGGON LONGSWORD =$

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 02:59:32 pm »

This is inaccurate time frames- don't listen to James, he was really drunk. Hopefully the next 2-3 days should see the release of 2.0.8, and within about 2-3 weeks 2.1 should be set :)

Join world 2 today!

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 04:20:57 pm »

This is inaccurate time frames- don't listen to James, he was really drunk. Hopefully the next 2-3 days should see the release of 2.0.8, and within about 2-3 weeks 2.1 should be set :)

Hay I only had 4 beers so far
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 04:48:10 pm »

Dont forget the tequila james.
The original G. Literally.

Gamecube

• Rebel Leader

• Vanguard of Armadyl

• Personal Text
    Master Divineer.
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 05:05:18 pm »

Dont forget the tequila james.

¸·¹¹·.„¸„' .. ¸' ......... Respèçt døêš ñõt grðw óñ trëèš' ......... '¸ .. '„¸„.·¹¹·¸
'.„„. .'„¸¸,.·¹°¹, ...... 'Ýõù mûšt šöw thé šèêdš ýøûršëlf' ...... ,¹°¹·.,¸¸„'. .„„.'
.............. '„¸„' Øñlÿ théñ wìll ýõù rêåp †hë réwàrdš ît brïñgš '„¸„' .....

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 05:36:15 pm »

Yeah he's not as think as you drunk he is.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 06:46:18 pm »
Okay i'm just going to clear the waters now but Quests have been moved down on the priority list guys. We are focusing on things that isn't as time consuming so we can get a ton more content out rather than focusing so much time on one quest. The quests were in fact very close to completion but the thing is, all of them needed something of their own which takes hours and hours to code for that little on thing that they all need. You guys will definitely NOT be disappointed with what we are going to be releasing. Now i'm not saying Quest development is at a full hault, but i'm just saying all the quests that we planned to release won't be releasing all at once.
-Thanks again guys for your support :)

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 07:21:23 pm »
You guys need to somehow (without giving up any crucial info) paste an example of a quest in code to show everyone just how involved everything is.  I myself have no clue what that would look like, but it has to be pretty impressive.

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 07:26:22 pm »
You guys need to somehow (without giving up any crucial info) paste an example of a quest in code to show everyone just how involved everything is.  I myself have no clue what that would look like, but it has to be pretty impressive.

woooo

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 07:47:12 pm »
That's the easy part of the quest dev tool though. I can't tell you how many times I've had to fix problems with quests other people did.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 07:52:58 pm »

woooo
the thing is, every time something new in a quest comes up, it has to be added to the tool for us to use. Which takes a very long time and a little bit to master it.

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 08:00:34 pm »

woooo
the thing is, every time something new in a quest comes up, it has to be added to the tool for us to use. Which takes a very long time and a little bit to master it.
Like action on npc death? ;3

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 08:11:57 pm »
What Austin said. You have to remember, Ryan made the quest tool so it doesn't have absolutely everything for a quest to be done completely and 100%. Such as:

NPCs spawning when a player does an action
NPCs attacking you
New quest step when an NPC dies
Preventing a quest step from being completed more than once
Something permanently changing after a quest step
Scrolls, books, puzzles, etc having the correct text and working properly
Entering a place triggering a quest step
Object interaction
Object dialogue
NPCs disappearing after a quest step
NPCs turning into a different NPC
Quest journals text crossing out in different order