Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program (KSP)  (Read 2085 times)

Digtron

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    That picture, ya, that's a Bricktron
    • View Profile
Kerbal Space Program (KSP)
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:59:52 pm »
Kerbal Space Program is a space simulator. Taking place on the world known as Kerbin, a group of creatures/people/"intelligent" organisms known as Kerbals (all of them in the Kerman family) have built a space center suitable with parts suitable for creating complex spaceships, space stations, aircraft and the like (more to come like planetary bases, rovers etc.) It is up to you to help the Kerbals put all of these pieces together to create amazing transports to explore not only Kerbin, but it's moon called "Mun", it's second moon "Minimus" as well as many other planets orbiting its sun and some of the moons orbiting those planets.

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com

You may or may not be a space simulator fan, but this game is really intriguing to me, it's very complex with all of the realistic features if offers from real physics to orbit mapping, in space docking etc. This game has not been fully released but you can buy it (as I have) or simply try it out with the free version they offer. The free version does not have all of the features as does the paid version but it gives a good feel of what the game is about and what it's like. For me this game has been very challenging but has been very fun to play.

If you want to know anything else that isn't already on google about it, feel free to ask.

Launching My Minimus Mission from Kerbin. (Kerbin is the planet instead of earth, minimus is the second moon other than "mun", which is like Earth's moon.

Having obtained a stable orbit around Kerbin, preparing to altar my course to intersect with the path of Minimus.

Both Kerbals from the start of the mission after having landed on Minimus, one using the single passenger lander, and the other using only his jetpack.

Another mission with my Mun Station maintaining a stable orbit around the Mun.

An in cockpit view of the same stable orbit.

The Mun Lander that was brought to the Mun in the same mission as the Mun Station, accelerating against the force of gravity of the Mun attempting to land.

The Mun Lander after successfully having landed on the Mun with it's pilot, a Kerbal, standing in front of the Lander.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:44:40 pm by digtron »
Ya Bricktrons, the inspiration for my name, that's one of them right there, in my avatar, not a pokemon, or a digimon, ya.

(James) I lied, I'm a pokemon!

(Digtron) Actually I remembered i'm not

Digtron

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    That picture, ya, that's a Bricktron
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program (KSP)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 11:09:00 pm »
Added some perty pictures to get people more inclined to play :P.
Ya Bricktrons, the inspiration for my name, that's one of them right there, in my avatar, not a pokemon, or a digimon, ya.

(James) I lied, I'm a pokemon!

(Digtron) Actually I remembered i'm not

Francis

• Veteran
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:06:50 am »
I use a plane simulator called x-plane 10 and it's pretty cool. I learned how to potentially fly a plane and land it in water. :D
Made in Photoshop by me.

ratman

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    <:3>~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 02:54:21 am »
A few days ago, I saw someone in my school playing this game.  From what I basically saw, he was in orbit around a planet, and intentionally made the trajectory so that he would crash into one of the planets.  Somehow, he was still able to deploy the parachutes at ~500M, so he [sadly] survived.