Author Topic: character stops after leveling up  (Read 2934 times)

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
character stops after leveling up
« on: March 23, 2013, 12:44:38 am »
Okay so recently I've noticed that after I level up, my character stops fishing/mining/fletching/etc. and requires the process to be restarted (example: gain a woodcutting level, must click the tree to start chopping again). This results in needing to constantly monitor the game instead of being able to leisurely switch tabs or look away to the TV. This is the most awful annoying update ever and really should be undone. I guarantee the other players agree. I really hate to naysay any progression the Dev team has made in their updates but this one severely reduces the game quality.

EDIT: I dunno if its even on purpose or if its a glitch or anything either way its killing everyones buzz
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:51:51 am by buttplug »

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: character stops after leveling up
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 01:04:33 am »
Lol, Happyguy and Francis both posted about this. This is how it was on RS. I don't really mind if it's removed or not though. It's probably noticeable because of the double xp rate and that most p servers with noncombat skills don't have it.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 01:15:36 am »
Lol, Happyguy and Francis both posted about this. This is how it was on RS. I don't really mind if it's removed or not though. It's probably noticeable because of the double xp rate and that most p servers with noncombat skills don't have it.

The "it wasn't in 06" argument is practically cherry picking. The server has other things that didn't exist in 06. You can open up skill guides without your skilling being interrupted as well as drop or pick up items without it being interrupted which was definitely not the case in 06. If its something that impedes the quality of the game it should be removed whether or not it was around in 06.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 01:21:30 am »
I agree, it is unnecessary.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 01:26:52 am »

The "it wasn't in 06" argument is practically cherry picking. The server has other things that didn't exist in 06. You can open up skill guides without your skilling being interrupted as well as drop or pick up items without it being interrupted which was definitely not the case in 06. If its something that impedes the quality of the game it should be removed whether or not it was around in 06.

Well, I have no room to argue with you about that but chances are, since this was added, the things you mentioned probably will be fixed to reflect how it has always been on RS. I definitely do like the ability to click on a skill tab while my account fishes or w\e but it's probably not going to stay that way. My character stopping the action it was doing has always been annoying when I smithed on RS and I've been reminded of it today because I was smithing :l.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 01:40:43 am »

Well, I have no room to argue with you about that but chances are, since this was added, the things you mentioned probably will be fixed to reflect how it has always been on RS. I definitely do like the ability to click on a skill tab while my account fishes or w\e but it's probably not going to stay that way. My character stopping the action it was doing has always been annoying when I smithed on RS and I've been reminded of it today because I was smithing :l.

Well then as much as I like the x2 XP rate it should have to go then too by that logic? The x2 XP rate was to keep players interested, why shouldn't this be changed to reflect it as such? And I would think if they were to fix the skill guide thing wouldn't they have done it by now? I just dont understand making the game less fun to respect the idea of cloning RS from 06. (Also don't misperceive my motives I'm looking for a reasonable discussion, not an argument lol)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:44:27 am by buttplug »

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 02:21:41 am »

It's probably not fixed yet because the server's still in its alpha state. The update just came out, there's always people that dislike them, but most of them get over it a few days later. Once you have high enough lvl in something, this update won't bother you much anymore. I don't know how far the devs want to go in terms of reflecting 2006 but it seems they want it to be as close as possible adding an update like this.

Apple

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 01:39:23 pm »

It's probably not fixed yet because the server's still in its alpha state. The update just came out, there's always people that dislike them, but most of them get over it a few days later. Once you have high enough lvl in something, this update won't bother you much anymore. I don't know how far the devs want to go in terms of reflecting 2006 but it seems they want it to be as close as possible adding an update like this.
This doesn't need to be fixed because there is nothing wrong with it. This is how RS was, this is a 06 remake, this is how it will be,

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 10:49:31 pm »

This doesn't need to be fixed because there is nothing wrong with it. This is how RS was, this is a 06 remake, this is how it will be,

this thread is for people willing to have an intelligent discussion on the subject, not "HURR DURR IT WAS IN 06 SO IT HAS 2 BE THAT WAY" Its already been established to be a terrible argument, so unless you give a real reason gtfo