General > Rants

The 2014 Easter Event

(1/7) > >>

MisterkNiss:
Alright, here's my rant on this years Easter event. I mean no disrespect to the mods and devs that planned it and implemented it into the game, this is solely my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

Okay, with that being said, I'm going to come out and say it. The Easter event was foolish and ill-planned. The point of holiday events should be to bring the community together and to let players enjoy the game together on the corresponding holiday. I do not believe that this event in any way brought the community together. It turned into a competition between players and sparked arguments and accusations. Players tried lying and decieving others in order to obtain the eggs for themselves, more than likely to take advantage of the fact that the eggs will become discontinued after today and they'll be able to make a quick buck once demand rises. There are plenty of players that have not gotten a single egg whilst there are players that have a handful. I did manage to get one egg for myself and it is the only egg that I plan on getting or trying to get, nor do I plan on selling it at any time. I like the idea of having it so that when future players join and ask about holiday rares, I can say "Yeah, I played that day and got one."

May I suggest that next year for the Easter event, tons of non-edible, non-tradable eggs be hid all over Runerebels. In cabinets, drawers, crates, store inventories, on the ground, etc. These eggs have a respawn time of around 20ish minutes and once a player collects about five of them, they are taken to one of the easter bunnies in exchange for the holiday rare and there is a limit on how many rares are able to be gotten.

Again, this is completely my opinion. I simply did not like the way this event turned out at all. Thanks for reading.

Prayer:
Well I think the only easter item there is left would be easter rings, so that wouldn't be a problem. They're untradeable and in no way directed towards the economy so like yeah, but for the phats, hmasks and other tradeable rares, we should do what you said

--- Quote from: Onur on April 20, 2014, 03:08:59 pm ---+1 I agree.
imo, delete all eggs, and let the easter bunny give away egg baskets (wieldable) ones for everyone that speaks with him :3

--- End quote ---

I agree

Onur:
+1 I agree.
imo, delete all eggs, and let the easter bunny give away egg baskets (wieldable) ones for everyone that speaks with him :3

Gh0stPred:

--- Quote from: Onur on April 20, 2014, 03:08:59 pm ---+1 I agree.

--- End quote ---

why don't you do that then?

also +1 for this. I can't get them because im too impatient :D

Spiderjunkie:
I agree, There needs to be something fun to do to get the rare not just pick it up. Also +1 for wearable baskets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version