General > Rants

Calling out a Know It All

(1/5) > >>

Gornu:

--- Quote from: RiiPiiN on April 07, 2014, 03:41:32 pm ---
--- Quote from: Garnu on April 07, 2014, 03:32:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: RiiPiiN on April 07, 2014, 12:38:07 pm ---Two or more players not being able to steal from the same stall at the same time is right. Was always like that. :o

--- End quote ---

Riipiin, as far as sharing resources, that implement goes back to sharing ore and other resource gathering.  If you stand by that argument, we'll see what a lot of olbies say in Rune Locus as far as players sharing a market stall.  It works in OSRS and that revision is only roughly a year after this one.

Here's my query at Rune Locus: Seeking information on stall theiving mechanic

--- End quote ---
I don't remember it ever working and I have 95 thieving on my main before I quit runescape. Btw, this isn't an exact 317 revision. Its closer to 377, and 317 was in 2005. :)

--- End quote ---

Riipiin, as much as you try to help here, when it comes to functionality in either having source material for this revision or just using common sense, I think you should do either one when it comes to things like this bug you think is already correct and believing it as it was on pure speculation.

Think about it.  Back in mid 2006 there had to be at least 150k real players registered playing with 25 servers rotating every day of player base fluctuations anywhere from an eighth full to max at 2k players.  Do you really think Jagex would force every player on any given server interested in stall methods to share stalls for training on whichever stall a player could steal from?  If only one player could use one stall and the rest of the trainers had to compete with whoever steals from the same stall that would be one hell of gameplay issues players would vehemently complain about.

How long was thieving in the game until 317?  Rune Wikia says four years.  If Jagex initially had only one player able to thieve from one stall, I'm pretty sure they would allow any amount of players on that stall to steal at the same time very quickly.  If they kept it like your half-assed implied memory, any stall would be empty, no real player competes with any player for who gets the goods, especially with many of the stand alone stalls.  Your conclusion flies in the face of quality assurance and I think you really need to lay off the "know it all" syndrome.

Slayer:
Ooooh
•grabs popcorn•

Kendall:

Slayer:

--- Quote from: Kendall on April 08, 2014, 03:21:29 am ---

--- End quote ---
Go afk pls

Stuart:

--- Quote from: Garnu on April 08, 2014, 02:54:38 am ---
--- Quote from: RiiPiiN on April 07, 2014, 03:41:32 pm ---
--- Quote from: Garnu on April 07, 2014, 03:32:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: RiiPiiN on April 07, 2014, 12:38:07 pm ---Two or more players not being able to steal from the same stall at the same time is right. Was always like that. :o

--- End quote ---

Riipiin, as far as sharing resources, that implement goes back to sharing ore and other resource gathering.  If you stand by that argument, we'll see what a lot of olbies say in Rune Locus as far as players sharing a market stall.  It works in OSRS and that revision is only roughly a year after this one.

Here's my query at Rune Locus: Seeking information on stall theiving mechanic

--- End quote ---
I don't remember it ever working and I have 95 thieving on my main before I quit runescape. Btw, this isn't an exact 317 revision. Its closer to 377, and 317 was in 2005. :)

--- End quote ---

Riipiin, as much as you try to help here, when it comes to functionality in either having source material for this revision or just using common sense, I think you should do either one when it comes to things like this bug you think is already correct and believing it as it was on pure speculation.

Think about it.  Back in mid 2006 there had to be at least 150k real players registered playing with 25 servers rotating every day of player base fluctuations anywhere from an eighth full to max at 2k players.  Do you really think Jagex would force every player on any given server interested in stall methods to share stalls for training on whichever stall a player could steal from?  If only one player could use one stall and the rest of the trainers had to compete with whoever steals from the same stall that would be one hell of gameplay issues players would vehemently complain about.

How long was thieving in the game until 317?  Rune Wikia says four years.  If Jagex initially had only one player able to thieve from one stall, I'm pretty sure they would allow any amount of players on that stall to steal at the same time very quickly.  If they kept it like your half-assed implied memory, any stall would be empty, no real player competes with any player for who gets the goods, especially with many of the stand alone stalls.  Your conclusion flies in the face of quality assurance and I think you really need to lay off the "know it all" syndrome.

--- End quote ---
Well this is cute. I was never stating what I say is fact. I simply said that is what I believed and what I remembered happening. And I wasn't trying to be a know-it-all when I was letting you know this isn't a 317, I was simply educating you. If you really have to post a rant thread about something you didn't know, I have lost respect for you as that is pretty pathetic. This thread almost seems hypocritical to me.

I will put this to an end here and say that what I remember is stealing gems from a gem stall in ardougne and the first one to click the stall would get the loot. This was roughly in 2008 or 2009, not completely sure. Possibly its the stall itself, or maybe I am right about this. Maybe I am not, I am accepting the fact I don't know it all and sure hope you can learn to comprehend my intentional meanings behind me posts as there is normally something useful behind them.

Oh, one last thing. You see pretty unsure of this yourself as you had to resort to a pathetic RSPS community to answer your question where you still had no responses. Theres what you remember and there is what I remember. If what you remember is correct, then so be it is correct. But how dare you come here accusing me of knowing it all when you're sitting here doing the same saying I am wrong when you don't even know if what you believe is correct.

PS: I dig the beard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version