Poll

Jagex has finally realized that people wand OLD Runescape servers. They have decided to hold a vote for these servers on the 15th. All information is on the homepage. http://services.runescape.com/m=news/a=12/2007---old-school-runescape-you-vote. Will you

Yes
No

Author Topic: Jagex Brings Back 2007 Servers?  (Read 2496 times)

Goostava

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Jagex Brings Back 2007 Servers?
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:37:28 pm »
Voting Starts on February Friday the 15th
I personally will be voting for these servers. But in order to have these servers for free we have to get over 750,00 votes. Here are the different steps in our voting.

Level 1 - 50,000 or more votes:

2007 servers will come back as a separate entity to the current Runescape game, with an additional membership fee of around $15. These servers will receive no content updates and only critical maintenance.

Level 2 - 250,000 or more votes:

2007 servers will come back as a separate entity to the main Runescape game, supported by a small development team, with a smaller additional membership fee of around $5 extra. These servers will receive basic maintenance for bug fixes and little improvements, with the possibility of integrating our modern anti-bot technology over time, if it becomes necessary.

Level 3 - 500,000 or more votes:

2007 servers will come back as a separate entity to the main RuneScape game, with a dedicated development team, with no extra membership fee. These servers will receive regular maintenance, some content updates and integration of anti-bot technology if necessary.

Level 4 - 750,000 or more votes:

2007 Servers will come back as a separate entity to the main RuneScape game, with a larger dedicated development team with no extra membership fee and the free portion of the game available to all. These servers will receive continuous maintenance, modern anti-bot technology if necessary and - crucially - regular members' polls to determine which updates you want to see prioritised.

I hope you guys take part in this huge movement to bring back old Runescape servers started by the community.

Happy Voting!
-Goostava

Sherry

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Croaked the raven,"nevermore"
    • View Profile
Re: Jagex Brings Back 2007 Servers?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:44:19 pm »
You need to be a member to vote, and no way am I renewing membership just to vote.
Sherry Birkin, United States

Gravified

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    www.youtube.com/gravified
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 02:55:31 pm »
Main reasons which I don't really care for the Jagex 2007 server.

You require 500,000 votes for free membership? There aren't that many active members who want it.

It requires even 250,000 votes just for anti-bot protection... This isn't even going to be instant, it will take time like they said.

In NO way will they treat the community like RuneRebels has done here. We have active and kind moderators and developers, the owner even has chats with people if he wants to and they take suggestions.

The community of children from real RS will likely spill over into the 2007 servers.

Popular bots and goldselling sites will be used on the servers. E.g Powerbot. We will just end up with another runescape; full of bots and gold sellers.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:58:27 pm by Gravified »
I make RuneRebels videos!
www.youtube.com/gravified

Uglytractor

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 03:05:22 pm »
Pretty sure they don't even have 500k subscribers that aren't strictly for botting

Alex

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Recruit

• God of Herpes

• Personal Text
    Vet of '06
    • View Profile
    • AllGoFree
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 05:07:34 pm »
This sounds fantastic, one problem though. Its members only... I smell a huge money scam ahead
I like it in my ass