Author Topic: What's the pros?  (Read 4159 times)

yoloswag666

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Australian Straight Edge
    • View Profile
What's the pros?
« on: January 11, 2013, 05:36:15 pm »
So what makes this server better than others? Sell it to me, why should players join and/or stick around?

I'd rather a mod answer this with proper grammar, cheers.
I'm pretty busy IRL so if I don't reply or see something or know something it's generally because of that.

Alex

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Recruit

• God of Herpes

• Personal Text
    Vet of '06
    • View Profile
    • AllGoFree
Re: What's the pros?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 05:40:29 pm »
-More content then other remakes
-In it for the soul of the game, not the money
-Staff is pretty cool! (IMO)
-Better economy then other remakes
-Amazing uptime

There's a few. ;)
I like it in my ass

frozenx2p

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 05:44:29 pm »
From one player to another - The 2x experience rate is good because grinding to 99 will still take time, but people who have not that much time anymore can reach 99s and enjoy the game to the fulles. The dev-team is experienced and skillful and of course active - there are updates/bug fixes nearly daily.
Starting here won't be that hard as the community is really friendly and helpful, they will answer any questions you get and even help you get your first iron full!
Moving on...The most important part for me is HOW STABLE ANY SERVER I PLAY ON IS. This server is amazingly stable with nearly no downtime (except updates) and because of their previous projects I can place my trust in them that the server won't suddenly close.

I personally have no idea what a player would want more, my suggestion would be to just check it out and decide youself whether this server is good enough for you or not!
Once you have killed someone, you will be labeled as a murderer, however when you kill Millions of people, then you will be called a conqueror and once you have reached the utmost limit... When you have killed everyone except yourself - then congratulations you have become a god!

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 05:51:49 pm »
So what makes this server better than others? Sell it to me, why should players join and/or stick around?

I'd rather a mod answer this with proper grammar, cheers.
Im personally impressed by the features demonstrated to me by Ry, like a system that makes instancing areas for quest boss fights completely possible. He seamlessly put me in my own copy of Draynor, lol.  The grip Ryan has on the server is unbelievable, and the way they cooperate and develop content is unmatched.

yoloswag666

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Australian Straight Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 05:55:37 pm »
Thanks for the responses guys!

The big looming question: do you have any level of defense against "them"?
You obviously know who I'm talking about, is there any sort of guaranteed experience for the players joining?

It's alright if there isn't, I'm merely querying. Although it seems like a strong server / community from first impression.
I'm pretty busy IRL so if I don't reply or see something or know something it's generally because of that.

Brady

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Boss lifeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 06:23:06 pm »
We have an absolutely amazing architecture that supports 2,000 players per world, multiple worlds, multiple versions, a plugin system for content, SQL database storage for configuration, an amazing staff website, and so much more. And we want people and developers to help us with this project. - Ryan
Need help Send me a PM!

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 07:20:24 pm »
Ah, the 666 in your name made me think you were someone else.

yoloswag666

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Australian Straight Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 07:23:18 pm »
Hahaha true, anyways back to the question~~ it's about Jagex.

Thanks for the responses guys!

The big looming question: do you have any level of defense against "them"?
You obviously know who I'm talking about, is there any sort of guaranteed experience for the players joining?

It's alright if there isn't, I'm merely querying. Although it seems like a strong server / community from first impression.

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 07:24:55 pm »
Ry and Kevin have both repeatedly said they've figured something out to avoid it, I personally do not know about it though.

yoloswag666

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Australian Straight Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 07:25:44 pm »
Okay cheers for the info though dude! Much appreciated, hopefully more newcomers will read this thread and get a bit of an idea about the server.

:)

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 07:39:36 pm »
We do not have a vendetta on the other 2006 servers. If anything I'd say we encourage them to grow.

See for us as a community the goal is to remake 2006 runescape the way it was for us all to play the game we once loved. We aren't at war, We don't hate people because they are "competition so to speak. If anything I think we are friends with the people at the other 2006 remake.

============================================

What we have to offer:

1. Our base is constructed from the ground up.
2. We are highly  advanced coded other than most 2006 servers.
3. Our source is unique and not leeched.
4. Our whole staff team is almost made up of all developers.
5. Community is helpful and listen to the players trying their best to get our ideas.
6. Admins are very nice.
7. Support Sound Effects and music - Most servers only support Music.
8. Updates/Bug Fixes almost every week.
9. Mature and respectful community.
10. Quick and Instant support.
11. Almost done with f2p content, Quests coming very soon.
12. can support 2k player base on 2 worlds.
13. Have two worlds lol.

Clay

• Rebel Soldier

• Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 01:36:45 am »
RuneRebels offers a variety of things to the table.

The advanced development team constantly works to fix bugs and add new features. Literally every time they're online at least one of them is working. RuneRebels also has a very nice community with a lot of cool people.

You'll enjoy it here.

Jmood

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• Text goes here

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 03:06:26 am »
Please don't use the 2k player support, most frameworks released today can handle 2k players with in the 600ms cycle. As for a good reason, iirc the core has been developed for the past 6 years now.