Author Topic: Anti-DDOS hosting sites aren't working!  (Read 3035 times)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Anti-DDOS hosting sites aren't working!
« on: February 16, 2013, 05:28:20 pm »
You guys have to see that the anti-ddos sites aren't working. No site can avoid how much attacks we are getting. We need to take action, you guys are smart enough to either figure out whos doing it and confront them with it, or take legal action (this may have to happen in order for this to stop) this is avoiding a income of players, and if this isn't fixed we may not grow. This needs to be fixed ASAP, and right away.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Farzeer

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: Anti-DDOS hosting sites aren't working!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 06:01:43 pm »
This exactly. Couple of years ago, i was playing this one P server that got DDoS'd constantly, but it didn't stop before they started taking legal actions. Once they took some legal actions against the DDoS'ers, it stopped.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:12:42 pm »
This exactly. Couple of years ago, i was playing this one P server that got DDoS'd constantly, but it didn't stop before they started taking legal actions. Once they took some legal actions against the DDoS'ers, it stopped.
exactly, its obvious these guys won't stop. They have something stuck up their ass to the point where they don't like seeing servers actully become sucsessful
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Sherry

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Croaked the raven,"nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 07:21:15 pm »
It's truly pathetic how much trouble these jerks are putting into DDoS'ing us -.-
Sherry Birkin, United States

Farzeer

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 07:21:53 pm »
exactly, its obvious these guys won't stop. They have something stuck up their ass to the point where they don't like seeing servers actully become sucsessful

They do it because they can. Most of them are around 15 years old and think they won't get caught because they're using some proxy they got from the interwebz. In reality, they will get caught quite fast and after they've been caught, they realize they shouldn't have done it.

Once they're caught and sued, they can get quite a large fine or up to 10 years in prison, depending on how much damage they've done. If one of the DDoSers sees this message, think for couple of minutes is it actually worth it.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 07:22:23 pm »
It's truly pathetic how much trouble these jerks are putting into DDoS'ing us -.-
I know, i bet its some 40 year old virgin sitting on the other side of that computer thinking he is all high and mighty.

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 06:25:08 am »
The problem with legally attacking someone for use of DDoS attacks is the fact that they are very hard to trace. It's often one user controlling a few thousand computers though a R.A.T. program that has infected them and is using their bandwidth for the attack. As a result we get thousands of different IP addresses flooding us over time that can't be linked back to anyone using the information in the attack and we can't request an invasion of someone's computer to back track the R.A.T. . Even if we did however, most people controlling a botnet of a few thousand or more are often smart enough to not use their home IP address and often set up on someone else's wifi/only use the tool with a proxy server that doesn't keep logs.

Gaystings

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Currently not playing the game, just on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 12:37:29 pm »
Heard about the ddos attacks, havent been here in a while. Was this the first time this has happened on this server?

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 12:44:38 pm »
Heard about the ddos attacks, havent been here in a while. Was this the first time this has happened on this server?
No, we have been constantly hit several times over the past few weeks.

Gaystings

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Currently not playing the game, just on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 12:48:43 pm »
No, we have been constantly hit several times over the past few weeks.
Oh great, hope this doesnt make players leave.