News, Announcements, and Information > News & Announcements

Download

<< < (13/15) > >>

Stuart:

--- Quote from: Onur on April 24, 2014, 02:01:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: RiiPiiN on April 24, 2014, 01:58:23 pm ---
--- Quote from: Onur on April 24, 2014, 01:55:53 pm ---
--- Quote from: RiiPiiN on April 24, 2014, 01:50:12 pm ---Don't even remember seeing that Mac option. I haven't downloaded the client in months. Haha, well perhaps the .exe will work for him.

--- End quote ---

Try visiting that page, it automaticly starts a download, if you're on windows it downloads that batch file, and on mac it downloads the mac client.

I think this guy tried playing it with the webclient, since that won't work for macs yet because of the java update =D

--- End quote ---
I don't understand how a java update would effect the webclient running on a different OS. When one update is released, it is released for all OS... so the recent security implementations for java web applets is universal. I highly doubt its because of a java update... unless he doesn't have the recent update.

--- End quote ---

remember how the java update screwed over all rsps's?
it won't work on windows and every other OS with that version of Jaba

--- End quote ---
Yea its a security implementation and they aren't removing it... I don't see why you think an update is removing it.

Onur:

--- Quote from: RiiPiiN on April 24, 2014, 02:09:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: RiiPiiN on April 24, 2014, 01:50:12 pm ---Don't even remember seeing that Mac option. I haven't downloaded the client in months. Haha, well perhaps the .exe will work for him.

--- End quote ---

Try visiting that page, it automaticly starts a download, if you're on windows it downloads that batch file, and on mac it downloads the mac client.

I think this guy tried playing it with the webclient, since that won't work for macs yet because of the java update =D

--- End quote ---
I don't understand how a java update would effect the webclient running on a different OS. When one update is released, it is released for all OS... so the recent security implementations for java web applets is universal. I highly doubt its because of a java update... unless he doesn't have the recent update.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Yea its a security implementation and they aren't removing it... I don't see why you think an update is removing it.

--- End quote ---
I never said they're removing it, with "yet" I ment he'd be able to bypass that, like people did on windows.

Stuart:

--- Quote from: Onur on April 24, 2014, 02:10:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: RiiPiiN on April 24, 2014, 02:09:07 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I never said they're removing it, with "yet" I ment he'd be able to bypass that, like people did on windows.

--- End quote ---
Only way to bypass it is to run on an older update of java or to change your security settings manually.

Ry60003333:
Yeah the webclient is now broken on basically all operating systems because of Oracle's update to security which prevents self-signed applications from running. >:(

I've been trying to get around this but the only way would be to purchase a certificate from a CA for like $200; and they would probably revoke it once they found out we were using it for a private server client.

As far as the download goes, the downloader automatically detects your operating system and downloads the correct version. :) If you are on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you have to open System Preferences, open the Security pane, and change the "Allow Applications From" setting to anywhere.

Onur:

--- Quote from: Ry60003333 on April 25, 2014, 07:10:39 pm ---Yeah the webclient is now broken on basically all operating systems because of Oracle's update to security which prevents self-signed applications from running. >:(

I've been trying to get around this but the only way would be to purchase a certificate from a CA for like $200; and they would probably revoke it once they found out we were using it for a private server client.

As far as the download goes, the downloader automatically detects your operating system and downloads the correct version. :) If you are on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you have to open System Preferences, open the Security pane, and change the "Allow Applications From" setting to anywhere.

--- End quote ---
It's possible to still run it, but you'd have to host your cache yourselve, so adding a exception to the settings would allow us to run the webclient, i tried doing this the month it came out but back then you hosted the cache elsewhere, forgot the domain :3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version