Author Topic: Ingame Media Section  (Read 3745 times)

Thoby

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Ingame Media Section
« on: November 09, 2014, 06:04:31 pm »
Honestly, nothing sets the hype for playing a game more than screenshots and videos.

So, seeing as we currently only got the "General Media & Graphical Design" (which isn't necessarily suitable for ingame media), I suggest an "Ingame Media" section: in which players can share/show off their achievements and adventures.

What do you guys think?

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: Ingame Media Section
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 06:06:48 pm »
This kind of creates extra, unneeded boards though. Perhaps we could move the board to under the RuneRebels section for ingame activities or just make a sub board.

Thoby

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 06:17:36 pm »
This kind of creates extra, unneeded boards though. Perhaps we could move the board to under the RuneRebels section for ingame activities or just make a sub board.

I agree, moving/renaming the current board might be a better idea.
How would that work out best though? Seeing as it's pretty hard to categorize that in a correct way:

Possible examples:

General Media
- Ingame Media
- Graphical Designs

or

Ingame Media
- General Media & Graphical Design

or

General Media & Graphical Design
- Ingame Media

(The underlined lines would be the board's name, and the ones with a '-' in front of it would be the sub boards)

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 07:30:27 pm »
Please post this in the forums suggestions @ here

I also had the same idea:

I've got a forum suggestion.
Wouldn't it be better if there was a Screenshot section for the General Board? Images\Screenshots of RuneRebels wouldn't fit in any other section except General Media & Graphical Design, but that's in Miscellaneous Boards which is for things not related to RuneRebels..

but no one cared..

I think it'll go best like

General
-Introductions
-General
-Game Media "for runerebels videos & pictures"
-Tutorials/Guides
-Goals & Achievements
-Report a Bug
-Tech Support
-Suggestions, Compliments, And Questions
-Rants

Miscellaneous Boards
-Other Games
-Current World Events
-General Media & Graphical Design "for miscellaneous media, like pictures of cats or gfx"
-Forum Games
-Off topic

I don't think RuneRebels pictures \ videos should go all the way at the bottom of the forums, especially in the miscellaneous boards.. I don't think RuneRebels screenshots should be all over the place mixed with miscellaneous pictures of peoples new boots lol.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:00:39 pm by Prayer »

Slangin

• Supporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 08:16:15 pm »
but no one cared..

I CARE

I don't think RuneRebels pictures \ videos should go all the way at the bottom of the forums, especially in the miscellaneous boards..
This due to convenience. Though when you load the forums page you can only see the Links and News, Announcements, and Information forum sections. This is what every viewer regardless of what they do on the forums will see once they join / log on. If the goal is to get more incentive and views towards player produced media, then perhaps even bumping it up more could help. Maybe we could even get a photo gallery

-Links
     Click to play on the RuneRebels server!
     Download the official RuneRebels client!
     Vote for RuneRebels here!
     Donate to support the server!
     RuneRebel Photo Gallery

Then the link could lead to a page where we can upload our game related media. 

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 12:35:39 am »
This due to convenience. Though when you load the forums page you can only see the Links and News, Announcements, and Information forum sections. This is what every viewer regardless of what they do on the forums will see once they join / log on. If the goal is to get more incentive and views towards player produced media, then perhaps even bumping it up more could help. Maybe we could even get a photo gallery

I think the in-game media or videos relating to Runerebels belong in General
I don't think it'll fit in with the News, Announcements, and Information part. that's like for the important things lol.

Thoby

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 04:33:03 am »
Please post this in the forums suggestions @ here

I also had the same idea:

I've got a forum suggestion.
Wouldn't it be better if there was a Screenshot section for the General Board? Images\Screenshots of RuneRebels wouldn't fit in any other section except General Media & Graphical Design, but that's in Miscellaneous Boards which is for things not related to RuneRebels..

but no one cared..

I think it'll go best like

General
-Introductions
-General
-Game Media "for runerebels videos & pictures"
-Tutorials/Guides
-Goals & Achievements
-Report a Bug
-Tech Support
-Suggestions, Compliments, And Questions
-Rants

Miscellaneous Boards
-Other Games
-Current World Events
-General Media & Graphical Design "for miscellaneous media, like pictures of cats or gfx"
-Forum Games
-Off topic

I don't think RuneRebels pictures \ videos should go all the way at the bottom of the forums, especially in the miscellaneous boards.. I don't think RuneRebels screenshots should be all over the place mixed with miscellaneous pictures of peoples new boots lol.

Whoops, sorry. Didn't know you already suggested this.
Anywho, that may show that not just me would enjoy seeing such a board.

I'd think the best place for it would indeed be in the General section. That would be most fitting, seeing as most of the RR related jibber gets discussed there.

Slangin

• Supporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 08:30:50 am »

I think the in-game media or videos relating to Runerebels belong in General
I don't think it'll fit in with the News, Announcements, and Information part. that's like for the important things lol.

I meant this in a way that would avoid a sub-forum altogether and go with an imgur homepage type layout. Everything in News, Announcements, and Info doesn't even allow players to post new threads so that is the last place it'd be. Plus, the people that want to look at pictures don't want to be hassled with digging through threads to get to images because before long when images start piling into that section, you'll find yourself loading pages for the images longer than you're actually looking at them.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:10:04 am by Slangin »

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 03:44:51 pm »
This has been added in the General Discussion board.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Thoby

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 04:20:51 pm »
This has been added in the General Discussion board.

Thanks James!!  ;D

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 05:31:44 pm »
I'll go ahead and lock this now because it seems like it was added. Yay! :D