News, Announcements, and Information > News & Announcements

Currently down UPDATE 2

(1/7) > >>

Frell:
Working on it, Ryan is on his way home.

Hang tight, most likely a vps issue.

--- Quote from: Bill on February 08, 2013, 01:29:20 pm ---All the worlds are saying could not complete login, even the dev world. So it could be the login server and the site may just be slow because of the traffic we have on it right now (it's only slow because of the strict security settings we needed to put on the vps to stop the ddos attacks). But Ryan's on his way back to his dorm right now and will be checking to see the problem shortly.

--- End quote ---

The server itself was not responsible for this. We supported 2000 players with no lag on a $10 vps during a stress test. The problem is the login server seeing the incoming traffic as an attack so its constricting the flow of information.

UPDATE

Back up, but remember that everyone swarming to login will make the server think its being attacked. Ryan will have this fixed soon.

UPDATE

Back down. Currently in a meeting with Ryan getting it resolved with the other developers.

Update: World 2 is online, but world 1 is still offline until we can reboot it. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Cheshire Cat

vault:
what a bad timing lol
finally we get new player and then those usually stable servers go offline :P

Hawt:
I think some people should stop being disappointed, It's clear you guys try your best:)

Rogan:
yeh not a good time to go down, hopefully resolved soon. just about to buy my steel scim, you guys can imagine my enthusiasm ;p

Bill:
I just don't want people thinking for a minute it's because of the 80 players we just had on. That has absolutely nothing to do with not being able to get on.

--- Quote from: Bill on February 08, 2013, 01:29:20 pm ---All the worlds are saying could not complete login, even the dev world. So it could be the login server and the site may just be slow because of the traffic we have on it right now (it's only slow because of the strict security settings we needed to put on the vps to stop the ddos attacks). But Ryan's on his way back to his dorm right now and will be checking to see the problem shortly.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version