Author Topic: Re: Rules  (Read 5726 times)

DJ

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Re: Rules
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:16:57 am »
Why exactly isn't luring allowed? I don't really see it as scamming and it was a big part of the Runescape back in 06 and personally I think its the user fault for falling for it as everyone should know by now that you will lose items in the wildy.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:20:31 am by DJ »

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:36:21 am »
IMMHO, by nature good people trust, and so many new players are naive to the fact that there are bad people on these games.  And I've seen some pretty nasty players in my years on RS. 

Many newbies to games, don't realize that someone is just pretending to be their friend, when the entire time, they are being lured, or scammed.  I think keeping it as a rule is a good thing.

Besides, we should remember, every day there are kids that are growing up and getting their first computer.  They will be looking for games to play.  I want to think we all are looking out for their interest also.
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

Forexal

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Reborn Clan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:48:43 am »
Luring should be allowed, not because I want to lure.. but taking out luring is just 'dumbing down' the game for the new players. I learned that the wilderness is dangerous by getting lured and I also learned not to trust people too easily by getting lured.
Without those lessons, newer players will go out and try to pk with their entire bank and get killed then quit the game.
'Dumbing down' the game is what Jagex did to Runescape, so don't go in that direction.

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 12:36:52 pm »
We'll have to agree to disagree, but I disagree. :)  Learning by being taken advantage of by another, that a new player thought had befriended them, is far worse then being a little dumb to the wild and emptying your bank into your inventory before you enter it.
DesertRain

Pesty

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 01:13:21 pm »
Making it against the rules makes for so much ambiguity and most likely drama due to the multitude of situations.

I think most will agree getting someone just to meet you at a stupid location for a trade just to kill them is luring.

but what about dropping 10k on the edge to pull people in the wild? probably

what about asking for help higher in wild just to kill someone?

what about having someone follow you, running deeperi n the wild to kill them?

what about agreeing to team with someone only to bs them?

what about lying to someone to troll (eg blue dragons are in the wilderness) only to find out someone pked them? is that luring?

There are so many possibilities some may say yes some may so, which end of the dragon dagger spec you are on may also matter.

Point is.. its such a massive grey area that its a lot of hassle to moderate for something so minor

Jin

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 01:54:04 pm »
The fact that it is against the rules won't stop most lurers.

I think it's pretty normal for rules to forbid people to scam and since the admins see luring as a form of scamming (I agree with that), luring is against the rules too.

dehzyne

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 04:56:33 pm »
wheres #1?

Greg28

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    I am Greg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 06:09:30 pm »
wheres #1?

I just noticed that as well.

Rule #1 needs to be added: Offensive Language.

Fx

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Owner of Skillers Union
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 06:22:45 pm »
Racism/Offensive Language?

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 06:26:20 pm »

Everyone has their own version of what the word offensive is and means.  And even though I believe, just because we can, doesn't mean we should.

However, I think a line should be drawn when someone directs their filthy, insulting, degrading, and in some cases slanderous, words, towards a specific individual.  And a game isn't the place for disgusting sexual discussions.  IMO, of course.
DesertRain

Greg28

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    I am Greg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 06:50:00 pm »

Everyone has their own version of what the word offensive is and means.  And even though I believe, just because we can, doesn't mean we should.

However, I think a line should be drawn when someone directs their filthy, insulting, degrading, and in some cases slanderous, words, towards a specific individual.  And a game isn't the place for disgusting sexual discussions.  IMO, of course.

I agree with you. I really don't care if people are swearing and stuff, but when people are being racist, sexual, disgusting and just harassing other players, that is where I draw the line.

Sherry

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Croaked the raven,"nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 09:10:49 pm »
I feel like luring should be allowed, but multi logging not allowed.
Sherry Birkin, United States

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 09:19:16 pm »
I feel like luring should be allowed, but multi logging not allowed.

I'm not really sure what I think about it, though I'll never do it.  However, it's two spots shy of having a Yak.  All day today, I watched multi-loggers following themselves to various alters.  Must be nice...
DesertRain

High

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 09:47:43 pm »
Rules were made to be broken, Luring is dodgy, anyone luring is clearly against any rules, It's going to happen regardless if it is against the rules or not, if you want to lure go ahead, just be smart about it and don't get caught :)

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 10:26:10 pm »
Luring is scamming. You can sugar coat it all you want but it is scamming people to leave their safety bubble in HOPES they "trust" you not to kill them.

I know thats how some people make a "living" on runescape but it's unfair to the below average of common sense runerebels member. You want to pk someone for their armor, go to the wilderness and duke it out with someone LEGIT. It's pretty poor if you have to trick someone into trusting you, which is an all time low, then kill them.

Luring is unfair for the victim and you know it. No scamming, No luring.