Author Topic: Stop posting for post counts...  (Read 6777 times)

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: Stop posting for post counts...
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 08:29:40 pm »
This thread isn't pointless. He's allowed to express his opinions.

I agree with you, There are to many people spamming on dead/older topics that aren't needed. With that being said it happens in most communities.

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 02:18:59 am »
I post whore alot but not on dead/old topics though :o

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 05:05:27 pm »
This thread isn't pointless. He's allowed to express his opinions.

I agree with you, There are to many people spamming on dead/older topics that aren't needed. With that being said it happens in most communities.

Ty jake :)

I post whore alot but not on dead/old topics though :o

That's just you though hehe :)

The Skiller

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Level 3 All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »
You are accusing people of doing things, yet you don't explain why, or whom you think is doing this.

The reason I ask is, and I have a lot of experience running forums, over 14 years worth.  Many NEW folks to a forum aren't really paying attention to the date, nor do they read the replies within a thread before they post, they just read the topic and have interest in it.  They have something to say, so they post.

Usually, once they become aware of the date of the thread, they feel a little embarrassed, but as staff, I gently let them know it is outdated, no longer applies, or thank them for reviving a dead thread.  Where I work, we've found some of the oldest threads posted on the net, and they go back to 93.  This particular forum site was opened, and you had to use this site to dial into the web using a coupler, goes back to 1983.  We are celebrating our 30th anniversary. :)

Anyway, there are always going to be people that do things to boost their post/thread count, but that isn't true for most of us.

He already gave a great reason for it I personally don't thin it's that bad of a think I can live with it even though it's not that perferable.
Dat Level 3

Ow

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 08:34:06 pm »
I mainly just post welcoming new people to the forums I never gravedig topics though.