Author Topic: The Vicious Cycle of RuneRebels  (Read 5400 times)

Alectrona

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Creator of the RuneRebels Promo Vid

• Personal Text
    Nyan Nyan Nyan Ryan?
    • View Profile
The Vicious Cycle of RuneRebels
« on: August 02, 2014, 01:45:18 pm »
The Vicious Cycle of RuneRebels
Dear RuneRebels staff and community,
It has come to my attention that our beloved RuneRebels has fallen into a relentless cycle. When new players discover this server, they usually stick around for a day or two, then decide to leave due to the lack of active players and updates. Whenever I check out a new server, the first place I visit is the "updates" section on their forums to see how frequently they update their content. The game itself is not as appealing when staff are not active in-game and the game itself has not been updated in a long time. Bottom Line: Players do not want to play a game that has no updates or active staff members in-game.

However, the staff find it hard to find motivation and time to develop and devote their precious time into a project that nobody sticks around and plays. When a developer sees that 50+ players are currently playing his game, he gets the feeling that many players are relying on him to develop new content, and is also easier for the staff to find that motivation to push on compared to a server that only has 2 active players. Bottom line: Developers have no motivation in developing a game that nobody plays.

In order to escape this vicious cycle, Both the players or the developers must go out of their comfort zone and deal with it and keep doing what they need to do. For players, this means making videos, voting, and advertising everywhere. For developers, this means start releasing updates and being active in-game and on the forums. It doesn't have to be major updates, its not the actual BIG UPDATE that lures players into the game, but its the feeling that the staff are always there improving the game. Releasing small updates like the ability to make pizzas or fixing drops mean just as much to the community as something big like a quest. As long as the staff are appealing to the community that they have not left but are still rolling out updates no matter the size, players will stick around longer.

This server needs people to step up and make the first move. The ones who do step up will be remembered as the one who brought back RuneRebels from its coma(cheesy but oh well).

This concludes my suggestion/rant/comment.
Thanks for reading it!
~Alectrona
Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
Re: The Vicious Cycle of RuneRebels
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 06:57:00 am »
So uh... how about dem airline food? (changing the subject before a copy pasta riot happens)

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 07:10:28 am »
So uh... how about dem airline food? (changing the subject before a copy pasta riot happens)
NO YOUR STUPID! (Just starting the war)  8)

HeavyB

• Supporter
  • Rebel Leader

• N-WORD PASS

• Personal Text
    I've got binders full of women.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 11:36:02 am »
What the fuck did you just fucking say about RR, you little bitch? I’ll have you know RR graduated top of it's class in the duel arena, and has been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Kharid, and RR has over 300 confirmed kills. RR is trained in gorilla warfare and is the top PKer in the entire Varrock guards. You are nothing to RR but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on the lands of Guthix, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to RR over the PM's? Think again, fucker. As we speak RR is contacting its secret network of white knights across falador and your IP is being traced right now by Timmy (using Ryans hacker tools) so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your HP. You’re fucking dead, kid. Rune Rebels can be anywhere, anytime, and Rune Rebels can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with its Rune Scim. Not only is RR extensively trained in unarmed combat, but It have access to the entire arsenal of Falador Castle and it will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Gielinor, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. Rune Rebels will shit fury amulets all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 01:34:21 pm »
What the fuck did you just fucking say about RR, you little bitch? I’ll have you know RR graduated top of it's class in the duel arena, and has been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Kharid, and RR has over 300 confirmed kills. RR is trained in gorilla warfare and is the top PKer in the entire Varrock guards. You are nothing to RR but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on the lands of Guthix, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to RR over the PM's? Think again, fucker. As we speak RR is contacting its secret network of white knights across falador and your IP is being traced right now by Timmy (using Ryans hacker tools) so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your HP. You’re fucking dead, kid. Rune Rebels can be anywhere, anytime, and Rune Rebels can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with its Rune Scim. Not only is RR extensively trained in unarmed combat, but It have access to the entire arsenal of Falador Castle and it will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Gielinor, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. Rune Rebels will shit fury amulets all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

sup /b/ro
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 02:16:25 pm »
Turkish airlines = best airplane food :3

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 02:53:24 pm »

Omar is on vacation  :-[

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 04:17:36 pm »
Omat is alive!
The original G. Literally.

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 05:21:06 pm »
Airplane food is always way too expensive though :(

PS Fuck Jake

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 01:24:31 am »

PS Fuck Jake

Who wants to pay 8$ for a sandwich that tastes like rotten asshole and is the same size as Kevin's banana
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 07:16:06 am »
Yuck, Kevins "banana"

P.s eat a dick ethan.

Leigh

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• They call me Kyle

• Personal Text
    That's not my name
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 03:45:25 pm »
I heard Malaysian airline makes nice sandwiches, apparently they're to die for.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:46:57 pm by Leigh »
self proclaimed the worst

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 04:19:40 pm »
I heard Malaysian airline makes nice sandwiches, apparently they're to die for.
Too soon :c

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 07:01:15 pm »
shit one of those amulets on me thanks.

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 12:33:21 am »

PS Fuck Jake

Who wants to pay 8$ for a sandwich that tastes like rotten asshole and is the same size as Kevin's banana
Couldn't have said it better myself. XD