Author Topic: Enabling and Disabling Yell  (Read 2888 times)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Enabling and Disabling Yell
« on: November 06, 2014, 10:59:58 pm »
I extremely enjoy Yell and it has effected the community in a positive way. However, I feel there are some ways that it could possibly be handled better other than having an administrator enable and disable yell ruining it for everyone ingame because of fews' actions.

My suggestion to make everyone happy here is to make it so that the admins disable the certain individuals who would be ruining it for everyone else. I feel this would work in the long run as well because you won't have as many angry people blaming the people who are already fighting which would cause a bigger, unneeded commotion.

Just a suggestion though, I wanted to see the players' opinions on this so thought I should post here. :o

Dev

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Enabling and Disabling Yell
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 03:57:02 am »
::yelloff

::yellon

Maybe those.
Should it reset to On every time you log in? Or maybe it will persist and/or tell you what it's currently on when you log in.

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 05:43:38 am »
I could add a command to hide yells from the player; like ::showyell and ::hideyell if you guys want! :)

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 05:48:34 am »
I extremely enjoy Yell and it has effected the community in a positive way. However, I feel there are some ways that it could possibly be handled better other than having an administrator enable and disable yell ruining it for everyone ingame because of fews' actions.

My suggestion to make everyone happy here is to make it so that the admins disable the certain individuals who would be ruining it for everyone else. I feel this would work in the long run as well because you won't have as many angry people blaming the people who are already fighting which would cause a bigger, unneeded commotion.

Just a suggestion though, I wanted to see the players' opinions on this so thought I should post here. :o
who's the said person ruining yell chat?

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 06:15:47 am »

who's the said person ruining yell chat?
No body in general, its just more of a future resolution for future conflict

I could add a command to hide yells from the player; like ::showyell and ::hideyell if you guys want! :)
That sounds great actually.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 09:32:16 am »
I think this would be a good idea to have and implement with the current yell system