Author Topic: Scaling Automatic Marketing system.  (Read 1819 times)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Scaling Automatic Marketing system.
« on: July 31, 2013, 03:27:18 pm »
O.k so came up with this idea just thinking about pricing for items and such and i always find myself scouring the forums for prices on certain items to make sure that i'm not pricing it ridiculously.

Idea
Basically my idea is to implement a automatic marketing system, that scales on a graph depending on the logs of player trades. How this would work is it would check the logs of players who make a trade, it would then log the item traded in a seperate log and list the price/item it was traded for. If a item was traded for it then it would list the items price instead of the item itself based off previous logs.

How the scaling would work
The scaling would work according to how many trades the player has done and the average of everyone's trades on that item. The reason why it would check how many trades the player has done because people could constantly trade there friends back and forth that item for a low amount. So how this would work is it would first off only log the trade ONCE if it was within a day or so between the same people, with the same item. After a day has passed it would allow another log between those people. To adjust the scaling of a item it would need several different logs of a item at or around the same pricing.

Why this would benefit the community?
-It would remove the tedious work of scouring the forums for the correct pricing for items.
-It would attract players because it shows a active and maybe even stable economy.
-Shows a unique asset to the forums.

What about workarounds!? I mean i'm sure people would work around this right!?
Well yes but everything has a workaround, to avoid this we would have a testing session with the marketing graph and see if we could manipulate it in any way. We would then apply updates to avoid workarounds.

Place suggestions below and vouch! Maybe if this gets enough interest it can totally happen!

Suggestions
Prayer- Make a list of popular trades to suggest what to sell in the economy.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:33:01 pm by HappyguyForum »
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Francis

• Veteran
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
Re: Scaling Automatic Marketing system.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:31:06 pm »
I guess this seems like a great idea, but it doesn't sound like it would be easy to code, it sounds better then it actually is. Yes, I 100% agree with this, but I'm sure it's going to be very hard to code it doesn't sound like an easy job to me, but if the admins are up for it, then sure! I support. :)
Made in Photoshop by me.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 03:35:56 pm »
but I'm sure it's going to be very hard to code it doesn't sound like an easy job to me

I'm pretty sure Ryan can do anything lol

also it wouldn't be soooo hard since the trades are already put on logs
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:28:32 pm by Prayer »

Francis

• Veteran
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 04:42:09 pm »
Yeah, I didn't acknowledge there are already trade logs, I guess this won't be too hard after all! I still support this.
Made in Photoshop by me.

Transcending

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 08:51:18 pm »
Live long and prosper  ;D