Author Topic: imo, this is vital to the remake of runescape  (Read 2689 times)

gtbarry

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
imo, this is vital to the remake of runescape
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:16:25 pm »
Hello, players of RuneRebels!

I would like to suggest removing the "Skip tutorial option" as RS in 2006 didn't not contain this option.  this will bring back more nostalgia.  this was my personal favorite thing to do when i began Runescape.  So, if you want more of the feel, FORCE players to do the tutorial island. 

Thanks for reading,

kind regards,

Gtbarry

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: imo, this is vital to the remake of runescape
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 09:31:00 pm »
Eh, no support. I understand the point you're trying to make but majority of people only skip tutorial island after they've made 1-2+ more accounts.

gtbarry

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:32:44 pm »
I see what you're saying.  However, RuneRebels could make it to where the first account HAS to do it and any account after that is optional.  How about that?

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 09:41:49 pm »
I see what you're saying.  However, RuneRebels could make it to where the first account HAS to do it and any account after that is optional.  How about that?

That sounds a lot better :D. I'm sure it can easily be done. That would get my support.

Francis

• Veteran
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 10:35:46 pm »
For the amount of players that play, nobody would really complain about it, so I think FOR NOW it should just stay the way it is. Once the player base grows to a lot of players, and I mean a LOT of players. They can take it off, remember that this is only an alpha client and not the full game yet. I could assume once the full version of the game is released, we would get more players, then they would remove it.
Made in Photoshop by me.

gtbarry

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:55:40 am »
For the amount of players that play, nobody would really complain about it, so I think FOR NOW it should just stay the way it is. Once the player base grows to a lot of players, and I mean a LOT of players. They can take it off, remember that this is only an alpha client and not the full game yet. I could assume once the full version of the game is released, we would get more players, then they would remove it.

i somewhat agree with you.

Black

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    "Good character, like soup, is usually homemade."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 08:02:31 am »

I would like to suggest removing the "Skip tutorial option" as RS in 2006 didn't not contain this option.  this will bring back more nostalgia.  this was my personal favorite thing to do when i began Runescape.  So, if you want more of the feel, FORCE players to do the tutorial island. 

Thanks for reading,

kind regards,

Gtbarry
Not sure if you're aware, but with 07scape that Jagex released you can skip tutorial
Island.

gtbarry

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 06:26:49 pm »

Thanks for reading,

kind regards,

Gtbarry
Not sure if you're aware, but with 07scape that Jagex released you can skip tutorial
Island.

but still, in the original days, you had to do it.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 02:39:19 pm »
Or you could just not choose to skip tutorial island and stop trying to ruin it for everyone else. Its not like they force you to skip it. Play around on tutorial island let the rest of us play the game.