Author Topic: Why allow multilogging? This is a remake right?  (Read 2036 times)

Satan

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Selling Souls 1 M ea
    • View Profile
Why allow multilogging? This is a remake right?
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:31:20 am »
Hey i was just wondering why we still allow multilogging after 2.0

I know i also use multilogging, but if i didnt others would have a unfair advantage.

Most remakes i know dont allow multilogging, and 06 rs didnt allow it either.

Any people agree with me? This cant be a remake if we allow multilogging! We could just aswell allow bots!

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Why allow multilogging? This is a remake right?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:35:09 am »
Would be hard to tell if that person is actually multilogging or if he's logged in and so is someone on their network,you could be able to determine that with some obvious examples but still :I

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 01:14:05 pm »
Hasn't this topic been discussed at length?

I use one alt, but I feel having two alts should be max.  It's silly seeing a line of alts following someone's main.  Initially my alt was a simple gatherer, because I didn't have a ton of time to play and it was my way to maximize the time I did get to spend playing.  That alt now has pretty much become a full combat player and something that is a perfect compliment to my skiller.  The main problem with RS was the aspect of sitting at a tree and chopping, or standing by the water and fishing as you stare at the screen or watch something online.  Well, I don't care for many shows at all, so I choose to have a second player going to keep me interested.

The second part to this is people's competitive nature.  Before highscores went down, I had one or two skills at number one - but I couldn't care less if I got bumped.  I don't play for the rankings, therefore the alts and perceived advantages don't bother me.  However, for those that are competitve on the highscores - I say adapt or be crushed  :D

(Too lazy to look up right now, but I know there was a poll concerning alts - check out the results to see what the community feels)

N0va

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 04:12:43 pm »
Multilogging won't be removed. If a person can handle using multiple accounts, be it 2 or 50, so be it. This isn't up for discussion as there has been a thread about multilogging with multiple pages already.
I'm not an In-Game developer and I've continuously been asking to be demoted so I did it myself

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 05:29:23 pm »
Hey i was just wondering why we still allow multilogging after 2.0

I know i also use multilogging, but if i didnt others would have a unfair advantage.

Most remakes i know dont allow multilogging, and 06 rs didnt allow it either.

Any people agree with me? This cant be a remake if we allow multilogging! We could just aswell allow bots!

Also in 2006, It was allowed, In fact I had two alts, and so did my cousin who had a level 120+ at the time :)

Join world 2 today!

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 05:44:17 pm »
Also to add to this, in RuneScape you can multi-log, just load different worlds.