Author Topic: Partyhats  (Read 14171 times)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Re: Partyhats
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2013, 10:47:29 pm »
I might as well just give my 'two cents' on the topic of rares.

TL;DR Version: A "Small Ammount of Rares" will be hoarded, and used rarely in trade.

"If you do Decide to be insane and Read Version", here is a giant wall of text:

Some of the members that emigrated from Worldscape might recall a project called "Worldscape Blitz", which was in a ways, in-between a 2006 Remake and a normal RSPS.  On the first few days of the server, rares would be released daily though drop parties.  There were Crackers, H'Ween Masks, Disks of Returning, and Edible Rares (Easter Eggs, Pumpkins, Half-Jug Wines, and Disks of Returning).  At first, while the Economy was still weak, the rares at first were sold for about 10k each; normal, for right when they were released.

Yet people looking back at what happened to RS, they began to stockpile on the rares.  Server Population was decreasing, while inflation was increasing.  Phats jumped from ~250k each to over 1m, along with prices of the other rares changing as well.  I wouldn't exactly say that demand "decreased", but as the ammount of rares stagnated, prices of other items (Barrows, Bandos, BGS, SS, you get the point) fluctuated much more then the rares, they were lost as a median of trade.  Basically, prices of other items rose and fell much more then rares, which was stagnant.

In my opinion, rares will tank the economy.  You need a large playerbase to make discontinued items a valid portion of the economy, or else they'll hyperinflate/deflate.  One example of how discontinued items are GOOD for an economy would be a game called "Team Fortress 2", where some limited edition items (For example, "buds", worth ~27 keys [rougly $67.50 if you decide to buy items worth it]), as well as Extremely-Rare items ("Unusual Hats", which can be worth INSANE ammounts of money), which help to keep the economy stable.  Of course, money does guide the server, as one of the main bases for trading can be bought in the in-game store.

It's been seen time and time again, that having discontinued items with the intent of hoarding will harm the economy.  Take a look at the "Fish Masks" that were introduced into the RS economy.  Although in a VERY HIGH number, once they were discontinued, the price decreased to about half of what it was when they were unobtainable in the game.
Well said :P but i would still like rares hahah its the only way to keep rich players spending their money
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

An

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 11:38:26 am »
Just release them into the game like RS did. They weren't supposed to be rare in RS, so who cares how many are released? They'll increase in price over time, and decrease in amount over time as well.

skiller

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 12:03:43 pm »
yeah I don't know why everyone is coming up with these insane ideas how to release them. This is a remake not a donate 4 phatz plz server. If they are released in the right quantity then there will be no problems, simple as that.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 12:26:53 pm »
Just release them into the game like RS did. They weren't supposed to be rare in RS, so who cares how many are released? They'll increase in price over time, and decrease in amount over time as well.
Not exactly decrease in amount, because its not like party hats can get destroyed unless they literally drop it and leave it there for like an hour.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 12:30:17 pm »
Not exactly decrease in amount, because its not like party hats can get destroyed unless they literally drop it and leave it there for like an hour.
Well there's two main ways a phat could be lost:

1. Someone could die with it in a far away place where very few people go, and you can't get to within 3 minutes or however long it is
2. Someone could get banned

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013, 12:35:41 pm »

1. Someone could die with it in a far away place where very few people go, and you can't get to within 3 minutes or however long it is
yea i guess your right about that haha... i didn't even bother to think about that.

So Close

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I will go fast, but I will not rush.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2013, 03:37:54 pm »
I played on another Runescape Remake server before and they had a stable 100+ player. Let me tell you about what happened when they decided to release them the SAME way Runescape did.. All the players got greedy, we had at least 7 player mods and they got sick and tired of people complaining about how they didn't get a party hat.. It was an insane event tbh. Was just chaos for everyone, people were getting flamed, Mods got a lot of disrespect and them the Owner took action and decided to just end the event early. Think about it..

Gold

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Send me a pm in-game if you have any questions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2013, 03:44:57 pm »
I played on another Runescape Remake server before and they had a stable 100+ player. Let me tell you about what happened when they decided to release them the SAME way Runescape did.. All the players got greedy, we had at least 7 player mods and they got sick and tired of people complaining about how they didn't get a party hat.. It was an insane event tbh. Was just chaos for everyone, people were getting flamed, Mods got a lot of disrespect and them the Owner took action and decided to just end the event early. Think about it..
Wow sounds horrible. I really hope our developers reconsider all the cons of introducing rares such as partyhats before they just release them.

*Credit goes to SRBuckey5266

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2013, 03:48:10 pm »
If you're talking about the same server I'm thinking of, the main reason why everyone was complaining was because a ton of players (a few thousand) joined less than a week after the event ended.

Ghost

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2013, 04:26:53 pm »
It's not the server you're thinking of. I used to be in the same server as So Close and it was madness when the event rolled around.

dehzyne

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2013, 04:43:25 pm »
this sounds like a great idea frell, nice thinking.

So Close

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I will go fast, but I will not rush.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »
If you're talking about the same server I'm thinking of, the main reason why everyone was complaining was because a ton of players (a few thousand) joined less than a week after the event ended.

Different server man. I would say it but I don't know if I should. It's been taken down as well as well.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2013, 06:05:51 pm »

yea i guess your right about that haha... i didn't even bother to think about that.

People who want them rare alch them aswell, which increases the prices.

Bobby

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Rager.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2013, 11:26:02 am »
If this has been said I apologize, but, Why not just release them once? Next December would be our first Rune Rebel Christmas, drop the Partyhats then, and next year continue until all of the events that contain all items up to 2006 are obtained. (RR Xmas 2014 has whatever was dropped in 2003), etc. And same with the other holiday events until we reach 2006. From then on it's up to RuneRebels to either not have any holiday events, or create their own.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2013, 12:03:43 pm »
No-one wants to wait that long... i can't play the game for almost a year with no rares -,-