Author Topic: Any other way to get coal?  (Read 1883 times)

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Is mayonaise an instrument?
    • View Profile
Any other way to get coal?
« on: February 24, 2014, 11:19:27 am »
I'm trying to level my ranged up but I want to help my friend with smithing so to be more specific, are there any monsters that drop coal or other ores at a decent rate? Drops haven't been added to rockslugs so they arn't an option and I know rock crabs drop coal in 3's but I don't think it's a very efficient method. Any help is appreciated! :)

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: Any other way to get coal?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 01:11:57 pm »
None that I know of. Black Demons drop like 20 noted coal sometime but not very often at all. Best bet is Steel dragons since they drop 5 steel bars. Not noted though. You need 5 free spaces to pick the bars up though. It's a pretty quick way for me to get bars since I'm too lazy to smelt ore.

I tend to get 1-2 rune items before I reach a full inventory too.

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 02:43:28 pm »
Hmm are there any safespots for ranging? And what would you say is the fastest banking method then since they're pretty far from any. I'd imagine the TzHaar bank would probably be closest without teleports.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 05:43:39 pm »
Hmm are there any safespots for ranging? And what would you say is the fastest banking method then since they're pretty far from any. I'd imagine the TzHaar bank would probably be closest without teleports.

Yes, there are several but the only one I know of is on the right side of the place when you enter it. There's a dragon egg and if you go right in front of it, no npcs should be able to reach you. Pinkamena knows how to attack an iron drag and steel drag in the same spot but I only know how to safe spot the steel drag.

And yeah, I usually just teleport to fally. The time to get out of the dungeon to bank and then go back seems too slow compared to teleing.

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 07:15:28 pm »
Gotcha. Yeah, I went there earlier today without any gear to scout out safespots and found the egg one so I'm ranging steel dragons right now. Tele-ing to fally is definitely the fastest method. Thanks for the help :)