Author Topic: Rune Rebels needs players. What do I suggest. V2  (Read 4259 times)

Maxirune94

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Keep it rebel!
    • View Profile
Rune Rebels needs players. What do I suggest. V2
« on: July 05, 2013, 12:26:59 am »
Rune Rebels Needs players. What do I suggest. V2
I have heard that RR was crowded with a 100 people all the time average some time ago, and now this great server is loosing people. I think that we, the people thar enjoy this free server have to make something about it.
Why RR would be a better server if there were more people?
- Fun Pking
- Better Economy & trading
- Fun chat (because of talking with people)
- Not being alone!
What do I suggest?
- Making a "Promotion Team" which would be in charge of making YouTube videos, updating and uploading stuff to FaceBook and Tweeter. That would generate more traffic to the official site and so on, new players.
- Making a "Language Team" which would be in charge of adding new optional languages to the Official Site and Forums. A full translation of the english version of the forums to Spanish and Portuguese would bring new latin players.
Who would do the job?
- In case of being approved by the admins to make this project real, I could work on any/both of the suggestions I made (specially in the Language Team, since I speak those 3 lenguages). I do not want any privilege, do not want "power", do not want to be part of the staff. I just want to help rr, those "teams" would be commanded by players, thers no need of the "teams" to be an autocracy, it could be a democracy.
- Perhaps we could organize in groups or something, thats something that would be clear after the approval of the project.
What can admins do?
- First of all, think about this problem and take into account this suggestion/project.
- Continuing with the amazing job they are doing, because RR is almost perfect, and better than the nowadays RS.
- Improving the server, adding quests, skills, member stuff, etc.
What can we do as simple players untill there's something presice?
- Recruiting possible future players
- Telling me what do you think about the current suggestions
- Adding suggestions or solutions.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 02:55:41 pm by Maxirune94 »
Keep it rebel!

Zeliounz

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The voices are growing louder. SHUT UP FAMOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Rebels needs players. What do I suggest.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 12:28:14 am »
Oh look! It's back.
??!??

Winning

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 01:31:00 am »
Rune-Rebels used to have 100s of players yes, Ryan had health problems. Also, There was alot of people that forced people to quit due to being complete douche bags. They just need to invest money into advertising. The server is literally not advertised anywhere worthy. They could buy a Moparscape server status advertisement and gain around 50+ players easily. But they can't pull the money in to do so.
I'm back baby ;)

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 01:38:11 am »
Rune-Rebels used to have 100s of players yes, Ryan had health problems. Also, There was alot of people that forced people to quit due to being complete douche bags. They just need to invest money into advertising. The server is literally not advertised anywhere worthy. They could buy a Moparscape server status advertisement and gain around 50+ players easily. But they can't pull the money in to do so.

To add to this:
We also don't mind about our player base because it doesn't even matter right now. All the advertisements I presume will be dealt with when our content is uphill.

Winning

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 01:46:13 am »

To add to this:
We also don't mind about our player base because it doesn't even matter right now. All the advertisements I presume will be dealt with when our content is uphill.

I mean i'd say there is no motivation for them to work on updates. Reasons would be players complaining constantly, low player count, no true support but from staff to be honest. I hate to say it but Rune-Rebels is dead lol.
I'm back baby ;)

Maxirune94

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Keep it rebel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 06:35:19 am »
If staff want rr to be dead thats not my problem, but at least, to being respectfull, do not delete my topic that took me an hour to be written, just say, we dont want to improve the server, "thanks 4 the suggestion" thats conduct something prayer doeasnt know about..... or the one who deleted my topic
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:53:14 am by Maxirune94 »
Keep it rebel!

5gps

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Guess i got my Swagga back!! wub wub wub!
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Rebels needs players. What do I suggest. V2
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 08:57:28 pm »
I am in love with this idea :) I would love to help :) I am acctually working on a promo video now :)
Work Hard! Play Harder!

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 09:18:22 pm »
I am in love with this idea :) I would love to help :) I am acctually working on a promo video now :)

Promo videos are a really nice idea. We can add it to the home-page too :)

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 04:34:39 pm »
What do I suggest?
- Making a "Promotion Team" which would be in charge of making YouTube videos, updating and uploading stuff to FaceBook and Tweeter. That would generate more traffic to the official site and so on, new players.

Honestly, we tried an advertising team on our old server Worldscape. It was a major FLOP. When it comes to FaceBook and Twitter, we do have two official twitters the RR development twitter where we showcase different hilarious circumstances we find ourselves in while developing, and the official RuneRebels twitter.

- Making a "Language Team" which would be in charge of adding new optional languages to the Official Site and Forums. A full translation of the english version of the forums to Spanish and Portuguese would bring new latin players.

This is not necessary, due to most RuneScape PS being coded completely in English, and tons of translators out there for forums. It would literally take MONTHS to recode everything to be in different languages, and I don't really see it being that big of an issue.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Maxirune94

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Keep it rebel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 07:33:59 pm »
Ty for ur comment 5gps!
Prayer, dont be so nasty, if u dont agree with my topic just say it, do not say "its funny", we are not many to be enemies.
Thanks for the suggestions james, ur right, mabye its not worth translating the forums... im gonna make some vids. ;)
Keep it rebel!

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 07:44:36 pm »
Prayer, dont be so nasty, if u dont agree with my topic just say it, do not say "its funny",

I never said that.

Winning

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 07:52:31 pm »
What do I suggest?

Honestly, we tried an advertising team on our old server Worldscape. It was a major FLOP. When it comes to FaceBook and Twitter, we do have two official twitters the RR development twitter where we showcase different hilarious circumstances we find ourselves in while developing, and the official RuneRebels twitter.

This is not necessary, due to most RuneScape PS being coded completely in English, and tons of translators out there for forums. It would literally take MONTHS to recode everything to be in different languages, and I don't really see it being that big of an issue.

Google Chrome automatically translates languages. xD
I'm back baby ;)

Solitude

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 07:34:46 pm »
I think even just having something as simple as a few people hanging in lumby just to greet or welcome people would help I just started playing last night and it's kinda depressing walking from lumby to varrock and seeing no one.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 10:13:59 pm »
I think even just having something as simple as a few people hanging in lumby just to greet or welcome people would help I just started playing last night and it's kinda depressing walking from lumby to varrock and seeing no one.

That's usually my job, but guess what. I took a break. Why? Because the games getting boring due to noone being around and hours of grinding.

But yes, your right Maxi. I currently have a youtube channel basically for RuneRebels, only RuneRebels on it. I don't seem to get a lot of support from it though. GameCube makes videos, and I try to help RR as much as I can, because unfortunately I saw it loose players and quite frankly it shouldn't happen.

RR is a great game. Nice suggestions. PM me when i'm available. Everyone please share my YouTube around so we get more views and more players?

http://www.youtube.com/user/crazynoob3
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:16:26 pm by ZzReVeNg3zZ »

Maxirune94

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Keep it rebel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 09:11:35 pm »
ty for your possitive comment revenge! finnaly a possitive one xd im making my first video rigt now.... add me on youtube  /maxirune94official gonna add u....
Keep it rebel!