Author Topic: Skillcapes  (Read 5387 times)

Will

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Gotta catch them all!><> ><> ><>Fishies
    • View Profile
Skillcapes
« on: January 31, 2013, 06:29:10 am »
Quick Question are skillcapes obtainable or are they something in the future to come out?

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: Skillcapes
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:40:40 am »
I talked to Kevin he said once they figure out how to properly implement them all they will be added. I don't think they're available atm.

Will

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Gotta catch them all!><> ><> ><>Fishies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:09:42 am »
I talked to Kevin he said once they figure out how to properly implement them all they will be added. I don't think they're available atm.
I see thanks for the reply!

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:22:16 am »

I would say, bring them into the game for the looks and emote, but do not put a stat bonus on the capes.

All your threads are belong to us.

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 11:07:58 am »

I would say, bring them into the game for the looks and emote, but do not put a stat bonus on the capes.
If they don't have stat bonuses then they wouldn't be implemented like they were in 2006, so either add them with bonuses or scrap the whole idea. I'd rather have them, as they symbolise one's achievements.

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:09:45 am »

If they don't have stat bonuses then they wouldn't be implemented like they were in 2006, so either add them with bonuses or scrap the whole idea. I'd rather have them, as they symbolise one's achievements.

Well, there was a lot of complaints about them when I used to read the old 06 servers. I'm not sure how this community will act though, I am quite happy to have the stat bonuses on them and skillcapes themselves in the game, makes it a lot better :P

All your threads are belong to us.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 02:49:58 pm »

Well, there was a lot of complaints about them when I used to read the old 06 servers. I'm not sure how this community will act though, I am quite happy to have the stat bonuses on them and skillcapes themselves in the game, makes it a lot better :P

People who don't want them are the ones who have no 99s and are jealous these are the best part of runescape training for one.

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 03:25:55 pm »
People who don't want them are the ones who have no 99s and are jealous these are the best part of runescape training for one.
This is just an incorrect and ignorant assumption. I know many people who had 99's in the REAL Runescape before skillcapes and disliked their addition. Skillcapes shouldn't be added to the server unless they plan on adding EVERYTHING from October 2006 (including defenders, crossbows, lunar, construction, etc.) otherwise it's just not going to seem right.
CHECK OUT MAH AWESOME DOOM MOD! - Hard Doom

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 03:44:54 pm »
This is just an incorrect and ignorant assumption. I know many people who had 99's in the REAL Runescape before skillcapes and disliked their addition. Skillcapes shouldn't be added to the server unless they plan on adding EVERYTHING from October 2006 (including defenders, crossbows, lunar, construction, etc.) otherwise it's just not going to seem right.
agreed

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 04:56:30 pm »
The staff will figure something out, so let them. I think its better for a higher superiority to decide the server's decisions.

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 04:58:03 pm »
The staff will figure something out, so let them. I think its better for a higher superiority to decide the server's decisions.
Yeah, but the "higer superiority" should know what we think about this ;)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 05:00:18 pm »
Yea, but if we think about it and they can't put in the way we want it, riots might happen.

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 05:05:32 pm »
Yea, but if we think about it and they can't put in the way we want it, riots might happen.
This is no matter of being able to put it in the way we want something, it is about sticking to a fixed date or not

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 05:11:12 pm »
This is no matter of being able to put it in the way we want something, it is about sticking to a fixed date or not
Which has not happened yet. This thread should be locked as the OP has been answered. When the staff are ready to release, they will let us know.

Dug

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Leader

• AGF

• Personal Text
    Teach me how to dougie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 05:34:25 pm »
We should just be happy that we were able to achieve a 99 in any skill and not show off just because we can.
Perhaps you like the looks, or the emote but does it matter about a silly cape that shows your mastery in a skill?
Hi I'm Dug. (wave).