Author Topic: Group Chat  (Read 2285 times)

Gravified

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    www.youtube.com/gravified
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
Group Chat
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:17:33 pm »
Hey guys Gravified here.

I just wanted to know if you guys were thinking about adding a group/clan chat system in game? I'm sure this would benefit clans without teamspeak and the system worked quite well on real RS.

I don't mean to sound cocky or selfish or anything like that, but during peak times, I do get messaged quite a bit, this is awesome but sometimes I cannot keep up with the chat and I do love to speak to as many people as I can. This would help because I could type one message and everyone would hear it and therefore it would be a bit easier.

I understand if you disagree, but I'm sure this would help clans too!

I make RuneRebels videos!
www.youtube.com/gravified

Gaystings

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Currently not playing the game, just on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Group Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:19:11 pm »
Support!

Xplisit

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    What's wrong with the coffee?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:58:45 pm »
I'm not too big of a fan of a :yell option in-game. Some people take advantage of it and ruin it. Although, I wouldn't mind a shoutbox sort of addition to the forums to chat with everyone playing. Just nothing in-game like a clan chat to ruin the 2006 experience.

DJ

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 05:59:02 pm »
Support!

Just so you know a lot of RR'ers are always active in the irc just click http://webchat.freenode.net/ and type #RuneRebels for the channel :)
It's also the quickest way to contact an admin/mod if they're not in-game.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:07:00 pm by DJ »

kickingjamie

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 06:02:48 pm »
IRC is probably going to be your best bet... This is a remake after all so I don't think they're going to be adding features that weren't in Runescape - with a few exceptions of course.

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:55:06 pm »
okay, now i DO in fact support and like this idea for the sake of it being a great feature.

However, This IS a 2006 remake, clan chat was well after 2006, and in that case, makes this server a bit "out of place".

Now don't get me wrong I have my mind where features are important and my nostalgia fetish is last, but I know very well if it was added, people will give that small of a feature a reason to quit for the fact it is not 100% 2006 remake.

Hence the problem.

However i do support 100%

And irc works just as fine too.

Maybe you can ask the Dev's to make a "swift-kit" version of the game so IRC is 100% better to use.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 12:00:29 am »
This sounds like a really good idea. Even thought it is a remake and this feature wasn't added until 2007, i fully support this.