Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 3064 times)

prizmonix

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Hi!
« on: March 02, 2014, 04:36:45 pm »
I started out playing RS in late 2006. At the time I was only 6 but I played with my brother and he helped me understand the game and I carried on playing on and off till the mention of 2006scape. At the time Runescape was going downhill and the game that I played was so much different to when it was when I first started. So I was so excited to play the game that I loved with my brother and couldn't wait till it's release.

A few months later I was waiting for 2006scape to come out. I was getting impatient. So I decided to search for a 2006 server and then I came along a server called RuneRewind. It was exactly what I was hoping for! It had a lot of content including tens of quests and barrows; I no-lifed the crap out of it.

3 months later I had amazing stats and also found out that 2006scape was either shutdown by Jagex or it turned out to be a scam. I was glad that I joined a little 2006 server. I was happy playing it until a few months later it also got shutdown by Jagex. I was so angry, all my stats, all my money, gone!

I had trained so hard on that account but I didn't want to start over on another 2006 server. So I got back into Runescape and then Jagex decide to release EOC. Great. I was so pissed off that I decided to quit Runescape for good. After saying goodbye to all my friends at my farewell party I quit. I also dropped my bank for my friends.

So after a good 3 months of playing FIFA on my xbox I heard about the release of OldSchool Runescape which again I was excited to play. A server which was based on 2007 Runescape. Also it would never be shutdown because this remake was made by Jagex. 3 months later I saw all this content being added to the game which I didn't like so I quit again.

A year after playing FIFA again I decided I wanted to play another 2006 based Runescape server after being fucked over by Jagex multiple times. So here I am. I would also like to thank Cptgiggles for giving me 200k to start out with. Without that 200k I would have not played enough to find out how great this community is! After two days of no-lifing I find myself at around 450 total stats! Nice. Also please tell me this server won't get shutdown! :D

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 05:40:28 pm »
Whats up man :) just now reading this after talking to you in-game already but I personally believe there is always a chance that a private server could get shut down but I honestly think those servers who were "forced to shutdown" had every intention of shutting down and leaving with the money in the first place. You never know but that's what I believe. The devs here are really good but there just isn't a bunch of content released at once.. supposedly they have a ton of quests done and waiting Ryan (the creator) to add them or something along those lines but he is very busy and has school and what not.. Just expect a little content here and a little content there.. I'm sure when there is a lot more in the game more people will want to put time and effort into it. The server was created from scratch so it wasn't that one source everybody was using for their remakes so Ryan kind of guards it with his life and won't give any other devs access to it because of events that have happened in the past with other servers. So, it all kinda depends on him.. when he has free time, content is usually put out.. if he's busy.. expect a dry spell. But, this is a good community and I pretty much trust everyone on here.. glad that you're playing man :)

Janloom

• Rebel Leader

• Huh? What?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:01:41 am »
What Tennessee said basically, this server seems to be a project of love - I prefer stability and potential to something really grandiose and chaotic.

Welcome aboard, though we've met already a few times yesterday. Hope you get settled in nicely, always feel free to pm me.

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:05:09 am »
Though we've already met in game, I want to give you an official welcome. Hope you like it here. :)

Galleta

• Community Member
  • Rebel Commander

• El español

• Personal Text
    Galletitas con leche, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:15:23 am »
Hello & welcome to RR (: If you need help or if you just want to talk I'm here for you (:

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 10:51:16 am »
welcome to RR :)

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 10:54:58 am »
Ohi dere :3 i welcum jew to runerebels 2006 remake!
The original G. Literally.

CptGiggles

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Great giggly miggly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 08:18:19 am »
Nice to see you becoming active! The last guy I gave money to in Lumbridge died and quit in an hour. :P

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 06:29:09 pm »
I commend you on being able to write a message like that with focus.

Welcome to RuneRebels :)

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 01:23:15 pm »
Greetings and welcome to the long introduction club...............oh, and the game, the intro had me lost in thought.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not