Author Topic: Need help i think laptops bust :\  (Read 5832 times)

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: Need help i think laptops bust :\
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 09:49:30 pm »
Try those previous things i suggested, it'll take a small screw driver, a philips head to get the hard drive out, but it should be easy, your hard drive is probably toast imo

Ok thanks :p ill keep you updated.

Maybe it's time for an upgrade. I mean, 512mb is a pitiful amount of RAM to have nowadays.

However, that's not what you asked for, so I'll try help you out.

If it's an overheating problem, as JT mentioned, then the two most likely culprits of this problem are the processor and the RAM. If it's the processor, you're better off just buying a new machine, since it would be far too cost-inefficient to replace. If it's the RAM, however, you should be able to pick up a couple of extra sticks fairly cheap (check websites like NewEgg and PCPartPicker).

Your problem sounds a lot like broken RAM, so you might want to check that out. Also, do what JT suggested and remove the hard drive - if booting gives you a "missing OS" error, or something of the sort then it's some sort of hard drive failure, and you'll have to replace that (again, probably more cost-efficient to just buy a new machine).

Good luck fixing your (hopefully) temporarily-busted laptop!

How will i know if its my ram though i don't wanna spend money on it if it isn't :P

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 10:58:52 pm »
Maybe it's time for an upgrade. I mean, 512mb is a pitiful amount of RAM to have nowadays.

However, that's not what you asked for, so I'll try help you out.

If it's an overheating problem, as JT mentioned, then the two most likely culprits of this problem are the processor and the RAM. If it's the processor, you're better off just buying a new machine, since it would be far too cost-inefficient to replace. If it's the RAM, however, you should be able to pick up a couple of extra sticks fairly cheap (check websites like NewEgg and PCPartPicker).

Your problem sounds a lot like broken RAM, so you might want to check that out. Also, do what JT suggested and remove the hard drive - if booting gives you a "missing OS" error, or something of the sort then it's some sort of hard drive failure, and you'll have to replace that (again, probably more cost-efficient to just buy a new machine).

Good luck fixing your (hopefully) temporarily-busted laptop!

nah neither of those are going to overheat, laptop fans go bad really easy, it's a pentium 4 processor pretty much, so it isn't gonna give much heat off, and ram gives almost no heat off compared to video chips, which in that kind of laptop, he should be fine, either way it would still boot after it cooled down.

Join world 2 today!

Sauke

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 08:33:57 am »
Well, I suppose that's right - but in a laptop, everything is packed so close together that a little hot air blowing around could damage some parts that normally don't get hot. The black screen he's describing is something I personally saw on a friend's computer with faulty ram - which is why I suggested it.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 10:08:07 am »
Shove your d' inside, that might help.
Post this for my 666 post count looooool.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 06:02:03 pm »
Shove your d' inside, that might help.
Post this for my 666 post count looooool.
Hail Satan?

Zeliounz

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The voices are growing louder. SHUT UP FAMOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 08:17:28 pm »
I was playing old school rs and then randomly the blue screen of death came up with *** STOP: 0x0000008e (0x80000004, 0x806f5746, 0x80550fe0, 0x00000000) and now when i go to turn the laptop on the screen stays black (nothing at all from the moment i press the buttom comes on) except for a few lights and the fan and the hard drive. I've searched the web but no code is the same as mine? anybody know the problem, i got a feeling it's my motherboard. My laptop is a IBM thinkpad its 512mb memory (2x 256 one in the back, one under the keyboard) that's all i really know about it. Also it is not a battery problem as i took the battery out and tried to run it on just the charger, but still the same problems. I also took the battery out for several hours didn't work either.

Today has not been my day, first of all this happened, then argued with my girlfriend, then dropped my dinner everywhere and tonight my internet wouldn't work (sorted now) :\
It broke because you were playing oldschool rs from jaqex the masters of evil.
??!??

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 07:11:26 pm »
I turned my laptop on today and it turned on but crashed at the windows loading sign thing then came up with another blue screen of death, i rebooted it several times, and then a random yellowy-green screen came up with another blue screen, also it sometimes bleeped alot when turned on and sometimes still didnt turn on. Also for some reason when i put it in safe-mode it just crashes on the black screen that tells you all the drivers or w.e then restarts.

Here is the new error codes:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
***stop: 000000D1
***stop: 0x0000007f

Winning

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 07:27:44 pm »
Have you tried to search on google for answers?
I'm back baby ;)

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 08:53:14 pm »
Have you tried to search on google for answers?

Yeah, most things that are put there i don't understand, and can't find the exact code.