Author Topic: MORE PLAYERS  (Read 3264 times)

Tver

MORE PLAYERS
« on: January 12, 2013, 04:54:14 pm »
What are we going to do for more players? Projectrs06 just spammed their link on the 2006scape facebook fanpage and thats how they have 2k players. Its kind of slow progress wise playing a remake when theres only like 17 players online. What are your plans?

Max

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Playing RuneRebels..
    • View Profile
Re: MORE PLAYERS
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 04:59:51 pm »
I would like to know this aswel.

frozenx2p

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 05:02:51 pm »
The server is on alpha stage, imo we should concentrate on updates/bug fixes until... I'd say we start adding p2p content. The rs2006 noobs won't join us, yet, but they will soon enough.
Once you have killed someone, you will be labeled as a murderer, however when you kill Millions of people, then you will be called a conqueror and once you have reached the utmost limit... When you have killed everyone except yourself - then congratulations you have become a god!

Vike

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 05:07:01 pm »
I'm wondering the same thing. It's not like we need 2000 players, but maybe a bit more.

Tver

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 05:12:24 pm »
atleast 200

frozenx2p

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 05:24:05 pm »
Personally I'd love to play on a server with 150-300 players if it keeps the trash off the server. Anyways right now there is a pro06 fever going on so even though we have a superior server it is hard to get players onto here - that is the reason I'd suggest to wait a little bit before thinking about launching any large scale advertisement plans. OTHER than that we can always vote, talk about the server irl, mention it on forums etc.
Once you have killed someone, you will be labeled as a murderer, however when you kill Millions of people, then you will be called a conqueror and once you have reached the utmost limit... When you have killed everyone except yourself - then congratulations you have become a god!

Tver

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 05:38:29 pm »
Large scale isnt the best idea becuase of fagex. Get a mopar sponsor and apparently we are protected by MITB

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 07:03:58 pm »
Mopar Sponsor would be ideal. Just keep telling your friends about the server and spread the word for now. Once we release P2P 2006scape people will be coming over here in a heartbeat.

Oxycontin

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 10:10:08 am »
I'm new and I'll keep playing, voting and spreading the word.  I don't think a main focus should be on many players... as time goes on we will get more players as content is improved.

Karl

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 10:36:19 am »
I don't mean to offend any of the project06 developers by saying this (and hopefully they can prove me wrong) but I don't see the project as being long term and in its current state I think it's rather inevitable that it will eventually shut down, by this point hopefully the project will be out of alpha stage.

Moparscape sponsor would be ideal for advertising until the server can remain at a consistent and high spot on other top lists. (runelocus which I know a lot of noobs use)

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 10:40:16 am »
the admins say that they will start advertising soon. they want everything to run smooth (unlike projectrs06)

they hold back some major updates i think, maybe they start after those updates

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 10:43:19 am »
We haven't started seriously advertising yet, trying to get P2P out (yes its free, just a term for development phase). Combat is nearly complete :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:45:58 am by Frell »