Author Topic: Need help i think laptops bust :\  (Read 5758 times)

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Need help i think laptops bust :\
« on: February 26, 2013, 08:37:21 pm »
I was playing old school rs and then randomly the blue screen of death came up with *** STOP: 0x0000008e (0x80000004, 0x806f5746, 0x80550fe0, 0x00000000) and now when i go to turn the laptop on the screen stays black (nothing at all from the moment i press the buttom comes on) except for a few lights and the fan and the hard drive. I've searched the web but no code is the same as mine? anybody know the problem, i got a feeling it's my motherboard. My laptop is a IBM thinkpad its 512mb memory (2x 256 one in the back, one under the keyboard) that's all i really know about it. Also it is not a battery problem as i took the battery out and tried to run it on just the charger, but still the same problems. I also took the battery out for several hours didn't work either.

Today has not been my day, first of all this happened, then argued with my girlfriend, then dropped my dinner everywhere and tonight my internet wouldn't work (sorted now) :\

Recent BSOD's:

Here is the new error codes:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
***stop: 000000D1
***stop: 0x0000007f
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:12:48 pm by scrilla »

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: Need help i think laptops bust :\
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:02:40 pm »
Try to run it in safe mode.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:43:12 pm »
I can't it don't show anything on the screen it's litterally black nothing ever comes up on the screen its asif the screens turn off but the actual laptop is on :\

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 10:59:08 pm »
Sounds like you need to either reinstall your OS or get a professional to fix it.

Voltimolt

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Hollywood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 01:23:03 am »
If nothing pops up on the screen on boot, try a current discharge (I forgot the name).

Unplug the laptop from the power, and remove the battery.

Hold the power button for 30-60seconds.

Put everything back (battery, power)

try it now.

+1 for high quality tutorial :P
Hollywood Boulevard

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »
If nothing pops up on the screen on boot, try a current discharge (I forgot the name).

Unplug the laptop from the power, and remove the battery.

Hold the power button for 30-60seconds.

Put everything back (battery, power)

try it now.

+1 for high quality tutorial :P

That was the first thing i tried :p

Sounds like you need to either reinstall your OS or get a professional to fix it.

Not sure where i've put the disc, but ill look into it thanks :-)

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 09:27:20 pm »
http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=0x0000008e

Like i said earlier bro, i can't even get onto it nothing comes up on the screen, when i press the on button while looking at the screen nothing from the moment you press the button to an hour later nothing ever comes up not even a dimple cheers for trying to help though :)

Calcifer

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Burn Burn BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 03:52:43 am »
give a back rub, back rubs make everything better

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 03:57:44 pm »
Meant to post on this a while ago, but here's a few things to try as i would do when i worked at a computer shop...

Take out the battery, then open up the back and take out the hard drive, plug your laptop power cable in and boot it up like that, see if it isn't a black screen.

It's been a while but 8e if i remember properly, is overheating, would suggest cleaning your laptop fan out and making sure that's ok. Also post the specs of your laptop, it's brand, what kind of processor you have, and if your video is intel or amd, this will help me immensely in helping you :3

Join world 2 today!

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 06:49:48 pm »
Meant to post on this a while ago, but here's a few things to try as i would do when i worked at a computer shop...

Take out the battery, then open up the back and take out the hard drive, plug your laptop power cable in and boot it up like that, see if it isn't a black screen.

It's been a while but 8e if i remember properly, is overheating, would suggest cleaning your laptop fan out and making sure that's ok. Also post the specs of your laptop, it's brand, what kind of processor you have, and if your video is intel or amd, this will help me immensely in helping you :3

Ok thanks, i will try these tomorrow, and where would i find these specs (im not amazingly good at computers :p)

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 07:30:55 pm »

Ok thanks, i will try these tomorrow, and where would i find these specs (im not amazingly good at computers :p)

should have some stickers on your laptop that say "intel" or "amd" or "nividia" or things like that :3 let me know

Join world 2 today!

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 07:58:14 pm »

should have some stickers on your laptop that say "intel" or "amd" or "nividia" or things like that :3 let me know

Intel inside pentium m, microsoft windows xp(i think proffesional, says 2cpu this help?

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 08:52:09 pm »
Try those previous things i suggested, it'll take a small screw driver, a philips head to get the hard drive out, but it should be easy, your hard drive is probably toast imo

Join world 2 today!

Sauke

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 09:06:16 pm »
Maybe it's time for an upgrade. I mean, 512mb is a pitiful amount of RAM to have nowadays.

However, that's not what you asked for, so I'll try help you out.

If it's an overheating problem, as JT mentioned, then the two most likely culprits of this problem are the processor and the RAM. If it's the processor, you're better off just buying a new machine, since it would be far too cost-inefficient to replace. If it's the RAM, however, you should be able to pick up a couple of extra sticks fairly cheap (check websites like NewEgg and PCPartPicker).

Your problem sounds a lot like broken RAM, so you might want to check that out. Also, do what JT suggested and remove the hard drive - if booting gives you a "missing OS" error, or something of the sort then it's some sort of hard drive failure, and you'll have to replace that (again, probably more cost-efficient to just buy a new machine).

Good luck fixing your (hopefully) temporarily-busted laptop!