Author Topic: Terms of Service agreement  (Read 2245 times)

Gaara

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Terms of Service agreement
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:44:31 pm »
Ok, so the only reason Mopar is still around is because of terms of service agreements, I think if you don't want to be shutdown by jagex, you need to add a terms of service agreement, not only to the account registration, but also one to gain access to the site. If you want, I can write the code for the page if you want me to. I have almost completed a web development program for school which will make me a certified internet web developer(It's CIW, I think that's what it stands for).

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: Terms of Service agreement
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:08:59 pm »
ToS doesn't do shit. Its just another thing to use in a law suit if you were ever taken to court.

Gaara

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:36:53 pm »
Terms of Service do actually change things, because upon violating them, any and all evidence found is then inadmissible in court, which means that any lawyer worth shit would have the case thrown out before court came into the picture.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:55:52 pm »
Terms of Service do actually change things, because upon violating them, any and all evidence found is then inadmissible in court, which means that any lawyer worth shit would have the case thrown out before court came into the picture.
not true. Jagex has every right to enter this site since were distributing copies of their property, ie: client and cache

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 03:41:09 am »

This is wrong. ToS are not legally binding, moparscape does this just to show that Fagex's ToS is also not legally binding. A smart move, but in court it would only protect a barrier against one thing. There is many other tricks moparscape uses, all of which we can not use, but we do have strategies of avoiding them :3

Join world 2 today!

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 03:09:38 pm »

This is wrong. ToS are not legally binding, moparscape does this just to show that Fagex's ToS is also not legally binding. A smart move, but in court it would only protect a barrier against one thing. There is many other tricks moparscape uses, all of which we can not use, but we do have strategies of avoiding them :3
Because in all actuality, you can't do anything illegal. That would be like going to buy crack and having to sign a terms of agreement saying that if you're caught you can't rat out the dealer. xD
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Sauke

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 05:18:18 pm »

Because in all actuality, you can't do anything illegal. That would be like going to buy crack and having to sign a terms of agreement saying that if you're caught you can't rat out the dealer. xD

That's actually a surprisingly accurate analogy. I think this pretty much concludes this thread.