Author Topic: Downtime Explanation  (Read 3790 times)

Pure2

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
    • Pure2NET
Downtime Explanation
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:50:27 pm »
Unfortunately RuneRebels was hit by a DDOS attack earlier and was left stranded with no VPS, because the whole VPS rack went offline and the retailer got mad. Ryan had to purchase a new VPS from another retailer and is still transferring the data over.

The server will be offline for a small while, hold on until it's back.

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
Re: Downtime Explanation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:53:51 pm »
Thank you for the update Pure2.

ffs victory

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 04:59:25 pm »
thanks for explanation.

RuneRebels#1

Ruby

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 08:56:15 am »
This explanation is outdated so I'll provide an up to date one. After the first hosting company removed us from their hosting we had to find a new vps. We  purchased one with Cisco DDoS protection, after transferring all of our files we then put it back online. We were online for a whole 10 minutes before the DDoSer got hold of our new vps IP address and hit us hard again. The Cisco DDoS protection solved absolutely nothing and his botnet ripped straight through it and we were down again. It became apparent to us that we would have to take extreme measures to cut the DDoSer out and keep our server online. This is pricey, we'd need a high-end top-of-the-range dedicated server to withstand this and we just don't have that kind of money at the minute. I gathered together Frell, Kevin and Ryan and we started asking all of our contacts in the different fields we've been in for any wind of what was happening, we managed to trace the DDoSer to a certain IRC network who was at the control of two developers of PRS06. Ollie(KO9) tried to plead like he had no involvement in this but we have reason to believe that from his past he was actually at the epicenter of all the goings on. We're now trying to get our DDoS protected VPS back online at the minute and are hoping to have it back online within 24 hours. We'll try to keep you guys updated, keep checking back here.

Jer

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:48:29 am »
Thanks for the update Ruby.
I really hope this gets sorted out soon.
This little feud is getting old...

Ruby

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 09:52:24 am »
This little feud is getting old...
We thought so too, PRS06 were acting like they were the ones trying to stop the whole rivalry and angst yet they rip us to shreds with a 20GBP/s botnet and SQL Inject our highscores. Not really the angels they were appearing to be to the general public.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 04:49:34 pm »
We asked for a truce 2 days before they attacked us. They assured us they were tired of it too and agreed. Then this happend.

Francis

• Veteran
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 07:54:56 pm »
We asked for a truce 2 days before they attacked us. They assured us they were tired of it too and agreed. Then this happend.

Wow that's lame.. Breaking a truce.. Whoever did this you should be ashamed of yourself for breaking a truce. :(
Made in Photoshop by me.

Grizx

• Rebel Soldier

• Zeus himself

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:55 pm »
I have no idea who project06 are and I could care less about them, but they sound like a bunch of nerdy cunts to me.

Identity 214

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The 214th user on RuneRebels.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 12:33:44 pm »
Thanks for the information.
WORLDSCAPE: I Steal Cash
RUNEREBELS: Identity 214