Author Topic: 1-Click - Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Extremely Dangerous  (Read 2994 times)

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
1-Click - Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Extremely Dangerous
« on: February 03, 2013, 11:02:18 am »
Because there are so many things on the game that we must click constantly to do, I believe those things that can be change SHOULD be changed.

I fought hard in 06 on RS to get these things changed, and Jagex paid attention.  Things such as filling buckets, vials, and the like, in containers, harvesting, fletching one bow at a time, so on and so on.  Things that don't take away from the game itself.

The reason is 'Carpal Tunnel Syndrome', a real disease of the hand.  Secretaries suffer from this disease and it is an career ender.  And now, many computer programmers.

I did mention this on the game, but of course, two young kids that lack two brain cells that they can rub together, backed their position with name calling, assumptions, and because they never heard of this disease, it must not exist.

I'm not saying that the developers have to change certain things.  I'm just asking that they research  Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and consider it.
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

Guard

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: 1-Click - Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Extremely Dangerous
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:22:18 am »
Agreed, Runescape ruins enough lives as it is. I'm all for modifying repetitive tasks and reducing this stupid aspect of the game.
Those actually enjoying pickpocketing lower level NPCs for hours should jump off a bridge.

L G B T

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:24:09 am »
i dont think dats gonna happen

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 11:30:56 am »
Agreed, Runescape ruins enough lives as it is. I'm all for modifying repetitive tasks and reducing this stupid aspect of the game.
Those actually enjoying pickpocketing lower level NPCs for hours should jump off a bridge.

You can't really change things like thieving.  You can, however, change things like filling up buckets of water or sand, or vials, or harvesting crops, or fletching blows and strings.  Things that can have an All and X option.

There is no cure for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.  And no amount of pain medication helps with the extreme pain.  When I brought this to Jagex's attention, they emailed me, that they had never heard of this disease and that they had researched this after I posted.  They decided to make a lot of changes to the things that they could.  And they did! :)
DesertRain

Bobby

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Rager.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 11:43:40 am »
That's amazing that you made such a positive impact on the game. My only concern is that once "Cut X" was released it slowed down the process so much it was sick to old players. You can string bows extremely quickly when you are in control of the speed, when "String X" or whatever was released it slowed it down. If there could be two ways, or at least just a sped up version of "String X" it would be great. I am all for supporting the disease. But sometimes I do like to click a few thousand bow strings and a few thousands unstrung bows and getting 30 fletching levels in a few hours.

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 11:49:15 am »
I'm not really seeing the problem... all you have to do for farming when harvesting is click a few times. For thieving it's a lot worse, since you have to right-click, click, right-click, click, on and on a ton more than farming.

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 12:23:38 pm »
Thieving was not changed on RS, and I never expected that to be.  Harvesting though, yes it should be.   The same as filling the compost bin.  It originally was 1-click, but that was changed almost immediately.

This is just an opinion, and I only posted to draw attention to this disease. Filling one vial of water at a time, for example, is silly, in my opinion.  Things of that sort can be changed without affecting the game.
DesertRain

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 12:26:44 pm »
I do understand your concern for speed.  This however, has nothing to do with whether we are faster or slower at doing [insert].  Just to minimize the 1-click as much as possible, especially for things that aren't skills.

>>That's amazing that you made such a positive impact on the game.<<

Unsure what you mean by that?
DesertRain

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 12:54:22 pm »
Yea stringing for fletching would be nice to have an x option and then maybe even filling vials or buckets would be nice as well!
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216