Author Topic: ADVERTISING  (Read 7223 times)

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
ADVERTISING
« on: February 02, 2013, 06:52:00 am »
To become bigger we will need the help of the whole RR community!

Here is something everybody can do:
1. Post on Youtube videos:
Don't post on runescape videos which are 4 years old and have about 5k views - it's pointless. Perfect videos are either Runescape videos which have 50k+ views or have just been released and a high potential to get many views in the near future. Also vidoes who are called "we miss old runescape", "runescape of 2006" or "jagex fucked up runescape" or a similar name are a good place to post.
2. Post on Facebook pages: You can post on pretty every facebook page that has 50+ likes. Don't post on the official Runescape Facebook-page, we don't want to annoy them. (Don't overdo this, you may get a 2-day ban of facebook)
3. Twitter(I have no idea if you can post on other sites on Twitter because i have no account on it - I may edit this later)

Don't post on a site on which you can already see a post which refers to RuneRebels.
Don't post on other private servers or on the real Runecape forum, becaus I dont think the admins would like that.

A possibble post may look like this:

Whoever is interested in the best daily updated Runescape remake of 2006 may join us ;)
(Many nice and dedicated developers, 2 worlds,  free - you will never have to pay to play on the server or to get any benifits)
http://www.runerebels.com/smf/index.php

4. Voting:
Vote every hour on the Moparscape:
http://www.moparscape.org/serverstatus.php?server=world2.runerebels.com
Vote every 12 hours on Runelocus:
http://www.runelocus.com/toplist/vote-24405.html

5. Make your own RuneRebel videos: We have some great videomakers on the sever. Those who don't make videos should "like" and comment those videos. (and subscribe maybe? :P)

Whoever adverted may post his achievments here ;)
Also post suggestions here, ill just edit this post!

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: ADVERTISING
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:56:30 am »
I personally don't approve of posting our stuff on other peoples' pages and videos. Thats not our place to do so. Best thing to do is vote and make the youtube videos.

owned

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 07:03:29 am »
I personally don't approve of posting our stuff on other peoples' pages and videos. Thats not our place to do so. Best thing to do is vote and make the youtube videos.

I second this.

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 07:49:13 am »
Posting them on old nostalgic music pages or gameplay pages seems fine, as long as we don't flood the comments. I see it all the time.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 11:34:47 am »
NOOOOO don't EVER post on runscapes facebook page! This attract bad attention to us. It will do more bad then good and none the less make us a target for jagex... we don't want this
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 11:42:12 am »
NOOOOO don't EVER post on runscapes facebook page! This attract bad attention to us. It will do more bad then good and none the less make us a target for jagex... we don't want this

I said exactly that lol

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 12:43:11 pm »

I said exactly that lol
I thought it said "post on runescape facebook page" lool not "Don't post on runescape's facebook page" It was a misread... sorry! Lol
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 01:05:38 pm »

I said exactly that lol
I thought it said "post on runescape facebook page" lool not "Don't post on runescape's facebook page" It was a misread... sorry! Lol
No problem dude, happens to me all the time :P

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 11:41:41 am »
I've been posting on some Youtube videos... it would be really cool if some of you guys could help me a bit :S

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZk_zk96v62bNMlyw78yMxg?feature=mhee

You can see on which videos I posted, i allwas look if the videos are still popular by checking the date of the last comment.

EDIT: also make sure to keep voting on both voting sites!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:44:01 am by vault »

Jessee

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I miss the old RuneScape ;).
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 11:44:22 am »
Am I aloud to post an advertisement thread on smaller communities such as RSWebclients?

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 11:53:17 am »
Am I aloud to post an advertisement thread on smaller communities such as RSWebclients?

Just checked their site... I'll give you permission haha

But I would focus on youtube and facebook mainly! Still thx for the help

i got nutz i

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 08:53:32 am »
sounds like a plan. ^

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 02:51:06 pm »

I second this.
I third. I think it's rather rude to do so, no one likes seeing advertisements in a videos comments.

yoloswag666

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Australian Straight Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 03:06:41 pm »
forth
I'm pretty busy IRL so if I don't reply or see something or know something it's generally because of that.

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 09:24:11 pm »
Anybody of you four guys tell me how it is rude to post on vids like this:

The founder of the petition doesn't give a fuck about this lol, he is happy if ppl comment on the vid. And ppl who might have some interesst in private servers might be happy as well.