Author Topic: PLAYER base may increase again!  (Read 7098 times)

Identity 214

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The 214th user on RuneRebels.
    • View Profile
PLAYER base may increase again!
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:05:54 pm »
There's been many rumors about Project RS06 ending.  But, they've added a link to our site, and even have our logo on their channel.  Some of their players are arriving here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/user/officialprojectrs06

Opinions?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:13:11 pm by Identity 214 »
WORLDSCAPE: I Steal Cash
RUNEREBELS: Identity 214

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: PLAYER base may increase again!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:13:03 pm »
Thats the old channel that that guy who quit had control of of. However, they did close down though. Doubt the playerbase will increase though.

Wayne

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I <3 Rune Rebels!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 03:28:25 pm »
I doubt that we'll gain more players because everyone is playing Jagex's 07 servers. 

OfficialProjectRS06 belongs to Axel, a admin who quit from the ProjectRS06 administration and now campaigns for us.  He makes comments on videos that people made of Rune Rebels.  The "real" ProjectRS06 channel is now "RealProjectRS06". 

ProjectRS06 has shut down anyway, their site is no more.  Unless their players come to us instead of playing the 07 servers, I doubt we'll increase in players.
Hi, I'm Wayne! *shakes hand / tentacle (in some situations)*

*Former ProjectRS06 player, turned Rebel*

Feel free to add me in-game, I'd love to chat <3

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 03:29:42 pm »
There's been many rumors about Project RS06 ending.  But, they've added a link to our site, and even have our logo on their channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/officialprojectrs06

Opinions?

Are you kidding? Do you know how many people played PRS06 that haven't been able to for 3 days? I just migrated from there and I've noticed already 4-5 members saying they're from there in the last hour alone. When I get off work tonight I expect that rate to have doubled

Uiik

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 03:31:09 pm »
Hello there! Screwed over projectrs06er here
ProjectRS06 (Dec 2012-closing)
RuneRebels (2/23/2013-present)

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 03:31:29 pm »
I doubt that we'll gain more players because everyone is playing Jagex's 07 servers. 

OfficialProjectRS06 belongs to Axel, a admin who quit from the ProjectRS06 administration and now campaigns for us.  He makes comments on videos that people made of Rune Rebels.  The "real" ProjectRS06 channel is now "RealProjectRS06". 

ProjectRS06 has shut down anyway, their site is no more.  Unless their players come to us instead of playing the 07 servers, I doubt we'll increase in players.

Nobody is going to pay money to play something they can play for free. Especially since 2007 is a crappy year to remake anyway I personally prefer 2005 Runescape but this is better than nothing

Uiik

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 03:53:22 pm »

Nobody is going to pay money to play something they can play for free. Especially since 2007 is a crappy year to remake anyway I personally prefer 2005 Runescape but this is better than nothing

A lot of people are paying for something they can play for free. That was the cause of the shitstorm on rs06 forums for the last week. But to be honest, it's nice to see the fellas from 2006scape (who killed projectrs06, ultimately) get out of the RSPS scene.
ProjectRS06 (Dec 2012-closing)
RuneRebels (2/23/2013-present)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 04:00:25 pm »

A lot of people are paying for something they can play for free. That was the cause of the shitstorm on rs06 forums for the last week. But to be honest, it's nice to see the fellas from 2006scape (who killed projectrs06, ultimately) get out of the RSPS scene.
I will tell you right now. Jagex won't last long. Jagex has just recovered from bankruptcy and their playerbase isn't a friendly one. With all the dupes and bugs from 07, people expected it to be "bug free" and all the content "fixed and ready to play" but no. Those things probably won't be fixed for a very, very long time. Jagex doesn't care about the players, they care about money. Over here, the staff care only about the players. We show this by providing no special beneficial upgrade in game or anywhere else. You simply get a title on the forums to show that you are in deed appreciated for it though. You, and the rest of the rs players, will soon come to realize that Jagex isn't a very great company. If you were to look up their past "company boughts" they have bought hundreds upon hundreds of companies and most of them today aren't doing very well.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:12:26 pm by HappyguyForum »
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Wayne

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I <3 Rune Rebels!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »
I completely agree, which is why I'm here and not over at the 07 servers.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 05:05:47 pm »
Better hope the wrong crowd doesn't migrate here. There were dozens of trolls that made the forum and in game experience miserable at times on the other server. That's one of the benefits you have had starting with a smaller player base. It's unfortunate that the immaturity of a few could be their ultimate downfall, and I hope the same demise is not going to duplicate here.

Wayne

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I <3 Rune Rebels!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 05:16:37 pm »
Yes, tbh, I kinda think that we're better off without some of the people from ProjectRS06.  Some of them may not be an asset, but may actually deliberately try to hurt this server.  Hopefully we only gain true players and not trolls.

Completely agree realitycheck ^

Envy

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 07:42:23 pm »
I honestly don't want a player increase, especially a major one. I started playing pr06 just before Christmas and the playerbase was amazing. (We were just under 100 online at a time when I got there) As time went on we eventually got up to 300 with 2006scape still being up, which 300 was fine still, but I didn't enjoy it as much as when we were at 100-200. Then the day 2006scape shutdown we ended up shooting up to like 1.1k players, which at first it didn't seem as bad because they were all complete noobs and all I did was range pvm at the time, but then once they all started growing in level everything got overcrowded and there were also trolls and such growing in numbers on the server. 2 weeks after the massive influx of players I had basically quit (As in probably less than an hour a week of playing, that time just spent with the few friends I had).

Wayne

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I <3 Rune Rebels!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 07:50:27 pm »
Yeah, about 100-250 is the sweet spot, maybe 300.  But more than that is a nuisance.

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 09:31:40 pm »
Better hope the wrong crowd doesn't migrate here. There were dozens of trolls that made the forum and in game experience miserable at times on the other server. That's one of the benefits you have had starting with a smaller player base. It's unfortunate that the immaturity of a few could be their ultimate downfall, and I hope the same demise is not going to duplicate here.

I also hope this.  I played for a little while, but the players where just horrible.  This one is great, and so are the people. :)
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 09:39:18 pm »
As far as I know, I am the only troll on this server so hopefully it doesn't get worse than me. D: