Author Topic: New Promo in the Making  (Read 8651 times)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
New Promo in the Making
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:48:02 am »
So basically, I am going to make a new promo... but the problem I always have is finding the content to showcase within the promo. I was basically wondering if you guys could give me ideas of what might draw you to Runerebels if you were a newcomer and happened to stumble across the video somewhere. :)

Dev

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: New Promo in the Making
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 04:46:34 am »
30-60 seconds, varying cuts of the coolest points of each skill (example steel dragons, or farming herbs), show the current quests, show Zanaris if it's added before the vid gets out. And mention the smaller closer community, which is why I play this and not the oldschool version. :>

Justin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 12:17:40 pm »
Show that when you join you are a member and thats its free to play

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 07:29:58 pm »
Adding onto J u s t i n's idea, show that you can't buy your way to the top with real life money. We don't even have an in game donor rank. Everyone is treated equally.

Also, nice to see you again weirdo. :)

Forums

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 11:31:21 am »
Best of luck with it!  ;D

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 02:17:38 pm »
I don't think it's the time for a promo. Too much important content that isn't released yet.

Galleta

• Community Member
  • Rebel Commander

• El español

• Personal Text
    Galletitas con leche, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 02:33:32 pm »
I don't think it's the time for a promo. Too much important content that isn't released yet.

Agree

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 02:39:03 pm »
There is plenty of things to put in the promo. I just have to get creative.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 02:47:34 pm »

Well, that is the point but from others have done already in terms of promos, there really isn't anything else to showcase. We need more quests, important ones at that and more minigames. If I was a person looking for a new server to play, the least important thing I want to see is skills working properly because that's like a requirement that every remake should have. The only skill that would be of interest is agility because most remakes don't have it implemented correctly.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 02:54:39 pm »

Well, that is the point but from others have done already in terms of promos, there really isn't anything else to showcase. We need more quests, important ones at that and more minigames. If I was a person looking for a new server to play, the least important thing I want to see is skills working properly because that's like a requirement that every remake should have. The only skill that would be of interest is agility because most remakes don't have it implemented correctly.
Only two have been made, and I barely showed anything in the first one that I made. The second one is boring as turds where she runs through quests which I would never do. I am trying to attract players, not bore them. There are many ways. I just got to think about it more.

Alectrona

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Creator of the RuneRebels Promo Vid

• Personal Text
    Nyan Nyan Nyan Ryan?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 09:09:35 pm »
Boring as turds? I worked hard on that promo. If you think you can make a better promo, by all means, please do, but don't come in here criticizing someone else's hard work and calling it boring. Keep your opinions to yourself because nobody cares about them and it's hurtful to the feelings of the creator of the promo vid. Constructive criticism is good, ranting is always immature and hurtful. Anyways, good luck on the new promo vid. I'm sure it will turn out better than mine. Maybe wait a few more weeks until more content is released though. ;D
Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 09:34:19 pm »
Boring as turds? I worked hard on that promo. If you think you can make a better promo, by all means, please do, but don't come in here criticizing someone else's hard work and calling it boring. Keep your opinions to yourself because nobody cares about them and it's hurtful to the feelings of the creator of the promo vid. Constructive criticism is good, ranting is always immature and hurtful. Anyways, good luck on the new promo vid. I'm sure it will turn out better than mine. Maybe wait a few more weeks until more content is released though. ;D
Nothing was directed at you for my comment on the entertainment level of the promo. It just isn't fun to watch. You have to throw something at them that excites them. Anyways thanks for the wishes.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 12:29:25 am »
stick to the topic please

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 07:29:26 pm »
Had a delay on the promo. I ended finding a template for a promo that will work great, but it will cost me $38 roughly so I am waiting for money to go from my bank to my PayPal. Should have the template and music by wednesday. Then I will record gameplay and decide what else to put in it. :D

Dev

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 11:00:25 pm »
Oh by the way, mention the sounds work. Last private server I was on had almost no sounds that worked, lol