Author Topic: Someone posted this, death of PRS06 has started.  (Read 15002 times)

Ironbound

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: Someone posted this, death of PRS06 has started.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 12:20:32 am »
This certainly wasn't a surprise to most of us at all.

Forexal

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Reborn Clan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 12:24:13 am »
Ok everyone, tell all your friends who used to play Rs or still do (but love the old game) to come to RR. If the word is spread then the community grows by itself.

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 12:28:37 am »
Apparently, to rumours by PRS06 users, another Dupe Method was found as well.

Odin

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Odin, King of the Norse deities, King of Asgard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:17 am »
Don't cheer at their defeat, cheer at our victory. Cheering at the weakness, and fall of others leads to your own destruction. This I've seen many times... There is a reason only honest, good-types who don't cheer at the fall of their enemies make it into the myths with me. Well... In most cases... I'll make an exception for Hades, Zeus, Jupiter(Inferior deity), and Athena.

((this isn't directed at anyone in particular. Just a bit of a "Hey guys, don't turn their misfortune into your benefit. It's just not cool". But anyways yeah, doesn't really surprise me at all.))
I am Odin. King of Asgard and of the Norse deities. I am here on a mission of grave importance. I must become the best Norse deity at everything!

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 12:38:24 am »
Well each community does in fact deserve to proceed. Just PRS06 got more views then we did when 2006scape went down.

But over all, RuneRebels SHOULD be looked at more.

We have a staff team that works hard and gets updates out left and right every day

Our Security seems to be tight and reliable

Staff is on Daily

People actually KNOW how to code RS2 Coding instead of winging it and saying "WELL I DID RSC FOR A FEW YEARS THAT MUST MAKE ME A GURU AT RS2!!!!" <- not in exact words but come on.

Rune Rebels was originally the ones who deserved PRS06, Which, honestly, I dont think Rune Rebels even NEEDS those server files because from what I hear, they are crap, And Rune Rebels just about got everyhting PRS06 has already, and we are in alpha.

This isn't a War, even tho it sounds like it, but competition was outmatched as soon as David gave it away.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 12:41:18 am »
They had a really good server HANDED to them, but they were UNABLE to do ANYTHING with it...
This.
I have to disagree. I am looking at the source they used right now and its not good, at all. They didn't even start off with a good base.

Uglytractor

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 12:47:39 am »
RS06 was a really great place before 06scape got shut down. David was a really cool guy and the community was great (from my experience anyways). Really too bad that server went to hell.

As long as this community doesn't turn into rs06 2.0/ 06scape 3.0 I am all for a large community coming here....but if the attitude of players incoming is like previous servers I don't want anything to do with it.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 12:59:53 am »
They had a really good server HANDED to them, but they were UNABLE to do ANYTHING with it...
yea thats sorta true
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 01:22:06 am »
They could have had it all, but they chose to smash it.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 08:58:05 am »
Please tell me someone has an ounce of analytical IQ on these forums... then again, you all treat Axel like an asset.

Instead of blindly responding with "not surprised" - "serves them right", look into the numbers.

Daily Views = 7106 vs 890 - you lose
Daily Pageviews = 163,448 vs 2,671 - you lose
Alexa Rank = 160,815 vs 1,642,484 - you lose

I couldn't even compare any other stats because this site doesn't generate enough excitement, oops, I meant attention.

Now to the point of the percentage decline in views on the other server.  Ever stop to actually look at the chart and realize that the ridiculous increase in views was the time 2006scape got shutdown?  Most RSPS's got a huge increase in views with people from 2006scape looking for a home - the obvious trend from there was to decrease back to "normal" levels as keeping that pace would have been impossible.

Such ignorance here.  I see spattered all over the forums how you want to hold yourselves in such high esteem, but at every turn you grasp onto every piece of propaganda and run with it.  I've never seen such outright jealously as this.  If you think you have the superior server, then enjoy it while it lasts.  You never know when Axel will get butthurt here and screw your entire database over.

And by the way Axel, this quote is beyond precious... "Just be at your best behaviour, be mature - that is how I go about it."  I mean, are you fucking kidding me?

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 09:27:25 am »
Reality just bored me for 5 whole minutes with a block of shit.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 09:52:37 am »

I'm open for a discussion of truth - no blinders attached.  Easy for me to do, I look at the hard facts/numbers.  Why did the OP take a small chart and blow it out of context?

Hey, I almost signed up on this server - it was between this one and two others.  The extremely small number of players when I was hunting was a concern, so I chose elsewhere.  I still check this server and a couple others to see how everything is progressing, because I am truly interested in 2006 remakes being successful.

Your response however showed me that you really don't care about the 2006 remake scene - you only care about who wins it.  That is the kind of attitude that will keep this server from reaching its potential - great management/developers or not.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 09:59:43 am »

I'm open for a discussion of truth - no blinders attached.  Easy for me to do, I look at the hard facts/numbers.  Why did the OP take a small chart and blow it out of context?

Hey, I almost signed up on this server - it was between this one and two others.  The extremely small number of players when I was hunting was a concern, so I chose elsewhere.  I still check this server and a couple others to see how everything is progressing, because I am truly interested in 2006 remakes being successful.

Your response however showed me that you really don't care about the 2006 remake scene - you only care about who wins it.  That is the kind of attitude that will keep this server from reaching its potential - great management/developers or not.

I'm actually not bothered about the whole arguments, its the fact that project decide to ddos us and try to bully us. They can tell this server is the better one, so they decide to try take us off the scene slyly. So before you come here assuming things about players go get a degree in physiology then predict the future and watch project die. Until then STFU complaining and get off the server if you arn't going to play.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 10:22:37 am »
Please tell me someone has an ounce of analytical IQ on these forums... then again, you all treat Axel like an asset.

Instead of blindly responding with "not surprised" - "serves them right", look into the numbers.

Daily Views = 7106 vs 890 - you lose
Daily Pageviews = 163,448 vs 2,671 - you lose
Alexa Rank = 160,815 vs 1,642,484 - you lose

I couldn't even compare any other stats because this site doesn't generate enough excitement, oops, I meant attention.

Now to the point of the percentage decline in views on the other server.  Ever stop to actually look at the chart and realize that the ridiculous increase in views was the time 2006scape got shutdown?  Most RSPS's got a huge increase in views with people from 2006scape looking for a home - the obvious trend from there was to decrease back to "normal" levels as keeping that pace would have been impossible.

Such ignorance here.  I see spattered all over the forums how you want to hold yourselves in such high esteem, but at every turn you grasp onto every piece of propaganda and run with it.  I've never seen such outright jealously as this.  If you think you have the superior server, then enjoy it while it lasts.  You never know when Axel will get butthurt here and screw your entire database over.

And by the way Axel, this quote is beyond precious... "Just be at your best behaviour, be mature - that is how I go about it."  I mean, are you fucking kidding me?
did you see the status on it as well.. lol
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 10:25:09 am »

No dev. commented on this at all, the devs aren't at all wishing to "win" they just wish for this nonsense to be over. Have you noticed none of the staff even acknowledged this post, its because they don't care really, all that they care about is the fun for others. Why would you judge a server off stats posted by a resigned admin from prs06.. makes no sense