Author Topic: New Promo in the Making  (Read 8623 times)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: New Promo in the Making
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 01:18:23 am »
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:20:00 am by RiiPiiN »

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 01:46:54 am »

Amazing! It should be on the homepage!

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 02:00:51 am »
My honest opinion; Again, there's really nothing creative about your video that sets it apart from any other. It's repetitive and you can hardly see the media. If I was a new player, the promo wouldn't do me much good. If you've ever noticed why I've never posted on a promo/trailer video, none have impressed me as a player. Our strengths aren't very visual right now. You and I's expectations are higher than what we've seen so far. My opinion is the same as your on Alectrona's promo thread. Others can say whatever they want. Most of the time, when I see people say, "Oh, amazing trailer", I think they're full of it. (Not Prayer tho)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 02:06:19 am »
My honest opinion; Again, there's really nothing creative about your video that sets it apart from any other. It's repetitive and you can hardly see the media. If I was a new player, the promo wouldn't do me much good. If you've ever noticed why I've never posted on a promo/trailer video, none have impressed me as a player. Our strengths aren't very visual right now. You and I's expectations are higher than what we've seen so far. My opinion is the same as your on Alectrona's promo thread. Others can say whatever they want. Most of the time, when I see people say, "Oh, amazing trailer", I think they're full of it. (Not Prayer tho)
Its a 2006 remake. There is never going to be unique content. This is the best theres going to be. Strengths are NEVER going to be visual. All of this and better has been seen on the real game. Don't really get your opinions.

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 02:12:42 am »

Can't really see any of the clips TBH. Be better to have an intro and just play the clips normally. :o

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 02:17:58 am »

Can't really see any of the clips TBH. Be better to have an intro and just play the clips normally. :o
Always will be complaints. This is the most effective way of having promos. I have tested that with other servers and promos i made.

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 02:29:26 am »
I like this promo. Its more trailerish than the last one.

The in-game clips could've been a tad longer tho,  you barely see them.
The original G. Literally.

Dev

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 10:30:13 am »
Wut. I woke up today and we didn't wait until the new patches? And why is it more text than gameplay in there? D:

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 01:30:44 pm »

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2014, 05:13:34 pm »
I actually like this this promo - look forward to seeing it on the front page soon :)

Join world 2 today!

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2014, 10:40:00 am »
Here's a tip for you, Riipiin, in regards to the fuzzy examples.  Write a filter to enlarge and sharpen the 640x480, and a filter to salvage the smaller size of the recording rip in effect of a smaller size for the video.  If done right, you could manage the video quality.  Bit rate is also important, and you may be sacrificing recording quality.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2014, 07:40:37 pm »
Here's a tip for you, Riipiin, in regards to the fuzzy examples.  Write a filter to enlarge and sharpen the 640x480, and a filter to salvage the smaller size of the recording rip in effect of a smaller size for the video.  If done right, you could manage the video quality.  Bit rate is also important, and you may be sacrificing recording quality.
I don't think the problem is that the quality is bad, because its not. Its just the size. :L If I had the time to rerender it and adjust the size of the media I would, I just don't have another 21 hours to waist on my computer for it render. Thats a lot of processing power for the graphics card I have because its shit.