Author Topic: A Command that Disables In-Game Messages  (Read 2861 times)

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
A Command that Disables In-Game Messages
« on: January 21, 2017, 07:46:19 pm »
This is a bit of a more radical idea than some of my previous suggestions, but I would suggest perhaps adding a command ingame that disables and re-enables in game messages, for example messages from burying bones, agility courses, mining, smithing, picking flax, etc.

When I'm doing these types of activities it is hard for me to follow conversations in game and on yell. Obviously my idea for this type of command would be like an on and off switch, kind of how locking still exp works.

What do you guys think?

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: A Command that Disables In-Game Messages
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:31:27 pm »
Flagging which messages are allows to be disabled would be a pretty big undertaking. Maybe an easier solution would be to turn the yell channel into an entry on the friends list that you private message, and then that message is sent to everyone on the server from the "yell" user. If someone wants to opt out of yells, they could add this "user" to their ignore list.

This would allow you to use "split private chat" for yells. What do you think?

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 08:26:24 pm »
Flagging which messages are allows to be disabled would be a pretty big undertaking. Maybe an easier solution would be to turn the yell channel into an entry on the friends list that you private message, and then that message is sent to everyone on the server from the "yell" user. If someone wants to opt out of yells, they could add this "user" to their ignore list.

This would allow you to use "split private chat" for yells. What do you think?

I think optiing out of yells would be a good suggestion to add down the road, I think the current system for yell works just fine. I was just trying to think of a way to improve my situation which is trying to focus on a task in game while also talking to the community at the same time.

Galleta

• Community Member
  • Rebel Commander

• El español

• Personal Text
    Galletitas con leche, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:42:10 am »
I agree with this. However, the black colour of the yell msg shoud be changed, to highlight in the chatbox.