Author Topic: The tale of the Butterfly ( A true story told with a rhyme)  (Read 3076 times)

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
The tale of the Butterfly ( A true story told with a rhyme)
« on: February 12, 2013, 01:21:52 am »

A butterfly in hand

A sunny warm day filled the sky's, a man wandering about. Suddenly got the urge to go mining as he felt that he needed to catch up on his smithing. Why in the corner of his eye while mining the tedious coal, a butterfly flapping its wings about. I looked at the butterfly asking "why is a butterfly in a cave!?" I went up to it to see whats up, and then i noticed he went up to me instead! "What is this! Is the butterfly following me!?" I started walking around to see if it is true... i walked left, i walked right, i walked everywhere in sight! I thought i was going crazy, that butterfly all up high. I asked darkthrone, "why do you see this butterfly!?" Oh it can't be true i thought! Oh have i gotten a companion at last! With no summoning at hand.

I mined a full inventory of coal and mithril and walked up the ladder to bank my items. I looked to see if it was following me. It was not... I went back down thinking, "oh has it gone, has my only companion gone!?" But no! It was waiting their for my return, sitting their at that very turn. At the ladder there it was. I ran all around to see if it was still true. Why yes, oh yes, it has given me a clue."You can't be a butterfly!" I said all mighty, "why you can not be a butterfly in this cave. It is impossible to fly in a cave with no space!"

I yet again got another inventory full of coal and Mith. For i have been thinking, "Why yes this must be a hint!"I rushed back down to see if it is still there, and yet again it is flying with its wings flapping everywhere! "Oh my companion, don't ever leave me so! I will never let you go! Come follow me around this place, we must make haste!" I ran and ran mining everything up, but then i noticed "Where has my butterfly gone!" I looked left, i looked right, it was nowhere in site. I went back to the ladder to try and see if it was all right. It was still there, but with no companionship in its eyes. "What is wrong! I thought we were friends!" It would no longer follow me around. So i went back to mining, feeling empty inside. For i had no butterfly at my side. I looked back to see Creantor come all the way down here, and then as he came... it went, and dissapeared. With the emote of a Teleport, the question popped in my mind, "Wait, how can a Butterfly follow without a mind? How can a Butterfly fly with no space in a small cave like this with such haste!? How oh how can a butterfly be so friendly? With Summoning, not at all handy!" I thought and i thought about that butterfly all night, I then realized this is a clever trick, With some magic in mind.

Thanks guys for reading! BTW this REALLY happened... A butterfly followed me around dwarfs cave, Darkthrone was my witness! I just had to add a twist to it, to make it a little bit more interesting! I thought it would be fun, to tell a story in rhymes :P
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Odin

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Odin, King of the Norse deities, King of Asgard
    • View Profile
Re: The tale of the Butterfly ( A true story told with a rhyme)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:27:15 am »
Not bad mortal. Not bad at all. Odin is pleased. You may live yet another day.

((Really though, not bad at all. I'd throw you a cookie if I had one to throw. A very peculiar story to say the least. Had a different ending then I had expected it to be. I figured some sort of sneaky admin would be behind it. Instead of some form of magic. ))
I am Odin. King of Asgard and of the Norse deities. I am here on a mission of grave importance. I must become the best Norse deity at everything!

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:28:00 am »

((Really though, not bad at all. I'd throw you a cookie if I had one to throw. A very peculiar story to say the least. Had a different ending then I had expected it to be. I figured some sort of sneaky admin would be behind it. Instead of some form of magic. ))
i thought it was! But i didn't want to say it, if it wasn'tt haha
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Darkthrone

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:31:21 am »
Brilliant xD I can confirm this really happened

Odin

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Odin, King of the Norse deities, King of Asgard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 01:33:18 am »

i thought it was! But i didn't want to say it, if it wasn'tt haha

I felt similarly with my introduction!
I was thinking "Hmmph... I wonder if anyone will appreciate this ego-maniac-nonsense about me being Odin... Hmm... Bah, screw it, lets see..."..

Well, yeah... I think people(including me) are a bit too judgmental of their own works. Not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely something worth mention. Anyways, I gotta go beat Neptune at a game of checkers. Cheerio then, Mortal!
I am Odin. King of Asgard and of the Norse deities. I am here on a mission of grave importance. I must become the best Norse deity at everything!

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 01:34:48 am »
haha ok loool...

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 01:36:16 am »
I too have had encounters with the rare friendly butterfly. Me and Mimiru had some great adventures with that magical winged creature, then it metamorphose into Frell and the magic was lost. :(

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 01:37:12 am »
I too have had encounters with the rare friendly butterfly. Me and Mimiru had some great adventures with that magical winged creature, then it metamorphose into Frell and the magic was lost. :(
so its true! Must be dem pesky admins

Garnu Thorn

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Closed Profile
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 10:21:07 am »
Believe it or not, I had a fox follow me from west of Barbarian Village all the way to the sheep pen just south of Varrock.  I don't think she's there anymore, though as right after I was going to start Imp Catcher later there was a server update.

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 10:27:38 am »
lol

Silly admins, always turning into some sort of creature, wether it be a butterfly, a rabbit, or TzTok-Jad :P