Author Topic: request for a guide  (Read 4364 times)

done rbrt

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    i didn't see nothing
    • View Profile
request for a guide
« on: February 02, 2014, 05:51:14 am »
I see a lot of useful guides here but i really need some advice on smithing, like what metal should i use mainly. I'm level 47 at smithing.

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
Re: request for a guide
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 05:54:44 am »
Go for iron/steel (depends if you want to mine coal) then go mithril when you get to it.

done rbrt

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    i didn't see nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 05:57:58 am »
and then stick to mithril?

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:02:46 am »
I suggest doing steel platebodies, then mith plates and so on. Most xp that way.
The original G. Literally.

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 10:03:21 pm »
I recommend going iron until you can make steel.  Then smelting/smithing steel until you're level 45 and then go back to iron for the rest of your levels.  Else, with steel or higher your putting much more time and exp towards a mining level than you are smithing.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

GoSuGhount

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 10:15:44 pm »
I recommend going iron until you can make steel.  Then smelting/smithing steel until you're level 45 and then go back to iron for the rest of your levels.  Else, with steel or higher your putting much more time and exp towards a mining level than you are smithing.

Yeah, if you plan to only smith what you mine and are smithing mithril you're most likely going to hit 99 mining before you hit 90 smithing.

done rbrt

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    i didn't see nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 06:13:00 am »
thanks guys, i'll start mining iron as soon as i'll get online

GoSuGhount

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 11:27:15 pm »
I was kind of curious about this so I did a little looking into it.

I'll do Iron last because I'm unsure of some things on this server so there's a couple cases.

The numbers listed are going to be xp earned in smithing per one xp earned in mining.

runite: .24
adamantite: .25
mithril: .29
steel: .41

I was reading through another guide and it said that you get 1% more chance to successfully smelt iron ore per level up to level 45 which would end up giving you 80%. I'm not sure if this is how it works on this server. Also there is the ring of forging? The ruby ring that gives 100% smelt for 140 ore. so given these scenarios.

100%: 1.07
80%: .85
50%: .54

You also have to take into account the time it takes to mine / smelt each of the types. It might take more time to mine the coal for higher ore, but it will also decrease the time you will spend smelting / smithing. There is also the question of profit.

So if your only goal is to level mining and smithing evenly I would say stick with iron, but for quickly leveling, other methods may be better, as well as for making a profit.

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 04:29:19 pm »
I was kind of curious about this so I did a little looking into it.

I'll do Iron last because I'm unsure of some things on this server so there's a couple cases.

The numbers listed are going to be xp earned in smithing per one xp earned in mining.

runite: .24
adamantite: .25
mithril: .29
steel: .41

I was reading through another guide and it said that you get 1% more chance to successfully smelt iron ore per level up to level 45 which would end up giving you 80%. I'm not sure if this is how it works on this server. Also there is the ring of forging? The ruby ring that gives 100% smelt for 140 ore. so given these scenarios.

100%: 1.07
80%: .85
50%: .54

You also have to take into account the time it takes to mine / smelt each of the types. It might take more time to mine the coal for higher ore, but it will also decrease the time you will spend smelting / smithing. There is also the question of profit.

So if your only goal is to level mining and smithing evenly I would say stick with iron, but for quickly leveling, other methods may be better, as well as for making a profit.

I can confirm that you start with 50% chance to smith iron at 15 and end up with 80% chance at 45, 1% gained per level. This was something I went through with Ryan a while ago when it was a static % and sucked horribly. Rings of forging do not work, however. BTW the 80% is pretty exact so you should get exactly the same number of bars every load.

Join world 2 today!

GoSuGhount

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 04:40:40 pm »
I can confirm that you start with 50% chance to smith iron at 15 and end up with 80% chance at 45, 1% gained per level. This was something I went through with Ryan a while ago when it was a static % and sucked horribly. Rings of forging do not work, however. BTW the 80% is pretty exact so you should get exactly the same number of bars every load.

I didn't  keep track for a total, but you're not likely to lose the same number of bars every load. I was smelting some iron the other week and some loads I'd lose 2 and some I'd lose 10.